Blue and Yellow.

Blue and Yellow.

A Poem by Elli
"

Still alive with Yellow and Blue.

"



You and me, Just us three. 
You dressed in blue and you dressed in yellow.
I'm covered with nothing, I reflect you because I'm see through. 

Blue always likes to speak but Yellow likes to play hide and seek. 
When I'm around Blue, Things seem bleak.
But when I run alongside Yellow, I see beautiful trees and skies that are pink.

I don't hate you, Blue, You have your purpose. 
I don't wanna lose you, Yellow, You have more than enough happiness for me. 
Please stop fighting

i love you both

© 2018 Elli


Author's Note

Elli
I really like how this one turned out, But lemme know what you think ❤️

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Awwww" was my immediate reaction, well done it's amazing

Posted 5 Years Ago


"Just you and me. Just us three". I get this vibe from those words that this a psychological conflict between your two personalities as your current self recalls them "Blue" and "Yellow". Covered with nothing and reflect you. Some very powerful attachment with those words. Blue to me is understood as a "person of pain". Blue is a social type but the words of blue brings nothing but darkness to your light. Yellow defined as "hidden beauty". Hidden from the eyes of those surrounding "Yellow" whilst containing a mindset for true beauty and happiness in this world. "Blues" purpose in your life intrigues me mind, questioning the purpose this type of reflection could have whilst "Yellow's" purpose is quite clear. As mentioned in the...a psychological conflict between these two as they compete yet you love them both instead of choosing one over the other as most would. The motivation behind this I assume is very interesting. Personally, I would prioritise keeping "Blue" my main component but when reading this my "Yellow" wants to be heard. A very artistic and simple poem with such a strong play on emotions and words. Keep up the work Elli.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2018
Last Updated on August 20, 2018
Tags: Alive, Depression, Joy, Life

Author

Elli
Elli

About
My poetry tells a story. more..

Writing
idc anymore idc anymore

A Poem by Elli


Left Alone Left Alone

A Poem by Elli


numb numb

A Poem by Elli