The little tree branch's Tale.

The little tree branch's Tale.

A Story by Nora
"

It's story about holding on the wishes; It kinda kids story Thanks for Chris who made this story marvelous by his editing

"

The Little Tree Branch's Tale


The little tree branch touched the zephyr that kissed the air and said, “What a beautiful breeze, so refreshing and crisp. I wish I knew what it felt like in other places around the world.”


Another branch laughed at the little branch and said, “How foolish you are, we are but tree branches, if we left our places we would soon perish. You, myself, and all of us. We do not belong in any place but here.”


Alas that is the truth; there is no changing that.” one of the lower branches said in reply.


You're all wrong. I want to see the world, I want to do great things, and I won't be satisfied with life as an unmoving tree branch. If we all work together and sway, we could uproot our tree. Then we'd be able to travel this whole world. Nothing would be able to stop us," the little branch stated boldly. All the branches made fun of the little branch and laughed again.


You are too naïve, little branch. If we did what you are asking of us, we would be doomed.” the largest branch spoke out wisely.


That's not true! We will find a way! I will keep thinking until I find a brilliant solution. What will really doom us is staying here to do nothing. I have always wanted to add something good to the world, and I plan to do just that.” The little tree branch had a more serious aura about him. The branches were caught up in a moment of nervous silence.


The little branch was saddened by their lack of support, “Okay my dear friends. I understand now. This is a dream I will chase on my own. I will live a life that you could only dream of.” The little branch begun to shake himself violently to the left and right, until he snapped off of the tree. It screamed in pain, and the other limbs laughed at him sadistically.


He looked at them with pity in his eyes, “Why are you laughing at me?! I'm the one that will make my dream comes true; I am free.”


You will die. You have no legs to move; you will wilt and fade away. Your dreams have taken you to a swift end. Why didn't you give up?” the largest branch asked disappointedly.


No, I will find a way to live! I will find my way. I can live free from the tree, and I will be able to make my dreams come true,” the little branch cried out.


The first day passed, then the second and the third. While the little branch was stuck in the place he had fallen under the tree he felt so...empty. Nothing happened to him over the time that had passed; he only deteriorated. The branch became hungry, weak, and thirsty.


I was wrong, my friends were right. I should give up my dreams because at the end of the day...I am just a little, worthless branch,” it whispered to itself. All at once, a great wind blew and the little branch let it take him. This was his chance, his only chance to complete what he had started. Then the wind stopped, and he heard the sound of footsteps. It was getting closer, and eventually; an old man appeared to him.


The old man smiled at the branch, “Oh how beautiful you are. I found you at the perfect time. I need you desperately.”


The little branch wondered what was happening to him and where the old man was taking him. When the old man reached his home the branch found that it was so simple, but so warm and tidy.

While the old man held the branch he entered a particular room.


I promise you my dear, I won’t hurt you. What I am planning to do is not difficult, and you won't need water after I am done.” The old man had a certain kindness about him, but the tree branch couldn't put his finger on it.


As promised, the man put him through a process. It was no longer thirsty for water or in need of the nutrients that only a tree could provide. It became strong and solid. Despite the many hours the old man spent carving and sculpting the little branch, despite the pain, it was fulfilling.


Finally, I've finished. Look at you darling, you became such a beautiful stick. You are going to help me in much of my traveling,” The old man said behind an infectious smile.


The little branch listened to him in awe, “What are you talking about? What traveling?” The branch asked the old man. This was all that he could have hoped for.


The old man laughed , then explained, “We are going to go places. I will travel around the world with you. I am alone and old, so I thought that you could help me. This is the adventure of a life-time, and I think God sent us to each other.”


As the branch looked at himself in the old man's mirror, he realized he wasn't a branch anymore. He was a strong walking stick. His dreams finally came true, and he wasn’t fantasizing either. He held onto his wishes tightly and found pride in the person that had answered them. Now he traveled the world with his god-sent owner. His dreams came true, and he found somewhere to belong.


Fin (The End)

© 2017 Nora


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant.. absolutely delightfully brilliant. An intriguing almost mysterious start finishing with words that made me want to cheer!!! (Won't say more because might spoil the finish for forthcoming reviewers.0 You've written this with a quiet passion, as if the idea needs be put in place so its character can quickly glow! And, it does.. My only wonder is might your little branch have a name.. so that the 'little branch' words be used less - perhaps you could use ''it' here and there. However, that is NOT at all vital. I truly love this story and will nudge friends to read it!.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nora

6 Years Ago

thank you so much for review . I really appreciate it . I am so glad that you like it
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

A great read on wise words spoken



Reviews

A amazing story shared. I liked the journey to the good ending. You create situation, struggle and hopeful ending to the story. Thank you for sharing the outstanding story.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

My pleasure :) , thanks for your review
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

I enjoyed your work and you are welcome.
amazing and inspiring. simply beautiful and told so well with a lesson for all ...

Posted 6 Years Ago


I must be on the same wavelength as Emmajoy, who read-requested me on your scrumptiously delicious story here . . . becuz all I'm thinking after reading this is: "BRILLIANT! ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT!" This is one of the best parables I've EVER read. I love the way the hopefulness dips a little bit after the branch is on the ground a few days, feeling maybe it was a mistake to strike out on his own. This is a brilliant way to show how discouragement happens to all of us & yet it also encourages all of us to NOT doubt ourselves when we are taking a leap. This is so brilliant, I feel inadequate for words to describe how your message is resonating with the entire world right now. We cannot just stay stuck on the tree. This is a tale for the ages, for our current times, this is a stunning roadmap to lead us away from being paralyzed with the feelings of hopelessness or just being unable to make a meaningful contribution to the mess the world is in. So thankful to Emmajoy for turning me on to your writing (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

Your words bring the tears to my eyes , oh my godness , i don't deserve all that praise, thank you .. read more
To believe in yourself even when the rest of the world thinks you're nuts is not easy. I was happy to see the branch proved them all wrong. Nice work!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Brilliant.. absolutely delightfully brilliant. An intriguing almost mysterious start finishing with words that made me want to cheer!!! (Won't say more because might spoil the finish for forthcoming reviewers.0 You've written this with a quiet passion, as if the idea needs be put in place so its character can quickly glow! And, it does.. My only wonder is might your little branch have a name.. so that the 'little branch' words be used less - perhaps you could use ''it' here and there. However, that is NOT at all vital. I truly love this story and will nudge friends to read it!.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nora

6 Years Ago

thank you so much for review . I really appreciate it . I am so glad that you like it
andrew mitchell

6 Years Ago

A great read on wise words spoken
I'm glad you wrote a kinda long story, Nourhan!

It has a lot of good words and full of meanings, I seriously had so much fun reading! thank you for sharing this with us.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

My pleasure dude 😃 appreciate your review 💖
A clever use of branching blind, hah... What a perfect time to find thee', oh walking stick... Woodenly penned...

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much 😊😊
It's a very nice story full of underlying messages but maybe edit a little more

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nora

6 Years Ago

Thanks and i will edit it for sure , at the end of the day i am here to correct my mistakes 😊
Ohh,,,that's a very ood story on never to compromise dreams.....And yeah I will post in the links...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

I can't even thank you more Surya 😊
I don't have an Amazon kindle account so I'll just post my review here.

Okay, so basically some of the dialogues need improvement as well as the words because some of them are often used, others doesn't appeal to the story (like stick, because a stick would be something thin and weak, it would be better to call it a staff), and I think there's some mistake in the tenses.

But for a positive review, I really enjoyed the story. I like how the other branches tried to crush the little branch's dreams. I like that his character is dynamic since he showed his weak side when he was in despair after chasing his dreams. I love the moral of the story, it somehow just wrenches at my heart, and you can just see how the branch struggles like a person in the real world. I love your story! Looking forward to your next one.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Nora

6 Years Ago

Well , the first part of the review made the tears in my eyes 😂😢😂 ( just kidding, i always.. read more
Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Hahaha... sorry, I got used to showing the pros and cons, but thank you for seeing my review as cons.. read more
Nora

6 Years Ago

My pleasure dear 😊😊

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

501 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 19, 2017
Last Updated on May 23, 2017
Tags: Tales, kids, inspiration, hope, dreams, short stories

Author

Nora
Nora

About
Here to share my thoughts more..

Writing
Butterfly Butterfly

A Story by Nora


A Happy Satan A Happy Satan

A Story by Nora


A lifeboat A lifeboat

A Story by Nora



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lunatic Lunatic

A Poem by Ana B.