TOOTH

TOOTH

A Screenplay by Norma Bruce
"

how old do tooth-faries get?

"

TOOTH

 

INT

We see a darkly lit bedroom, decorated to the taste of a 6-year-old girl, the light is almost menacing.  The little girl is sleeping in her bed and in the corner of the room are two middle-aged men. SAM has a face covered with stubble the other, MARK, is tall and lanky.

 

SAM

(QUIETLY)

I think we’re getting too old for this.

 

MARK

(QUIETLY)

Probably, but at least there’s some good money in it still

 

SAM

Mhm

    

                              MARK

          Are you going to do it today?

 

                              SAM

          I thought it was your turn?

 

Both SAM and MARK approach the bed, looking down at the little girl sleeping.

 

                              MARK

Nope, I think it’s yours. Plus I don’t want to wake her up. I remember what happened that last time.

 

SAM

     It was nothing we didn’t fix.

 

                              MARK

Ahh, but I’d rather not go through that again cheers.

 

The camera focuses on the faces of MARK and SAM as they fumble about near the girl, the room is deadly silent.

 

                              SAM

What’s the going rate these days? Remember I was on that sabbatical over Easter.

 

 

 

 

 

                         MARK

I always leave a quid. But I remember when it was 20p or a pack of fruit pastilles. At least it encouraged the others to drop out.

 

                         SAM

     Ok well a quid it is then.

 

                         MARK

     Sleeping like a log this one

 

                         SAM

     Aye, but I don’t want to wake her up.

 

We hear the girls breathing getting heavier and she mumbles in her sleep.

 

                         SAM

Think it’s about time to make our exit.

 

                         MARK

     Yeah

 

                         SAM

     Can we go down the stairs?

 

                         MARK

     As long as we don’t wake up her parents

 

                         SAM

It’s just my backs giving me jip these days and I can’t be doing with the window exit.

 

MARK

     It’s not like she’s going to see us anyway.

 

The camera focuses on the little girl, MARK and SAM exit through the girl’s bedroom door.  It then pans round to show SAM looking over his shoulder, the girl has woken up. SAM puts a finger to his lips and exits the room. As he turns we see a pair of fair wings on his back. As the shot fades out we hear the pair walking down the stairs.

 

                        

 

                              SAM

     Can’t we just drive?

 

                              MARK

     You really have no tradition do you?

 

FADE TO BLACK

     

© 2010 Norma Bruce


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
Added on June 24, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010

Author

Norma Bruce
Norma Bruce

About
Simpley put i enjoy writing, from a young age i have enjoyed writing, though i hope to think i've improved. Though it's not my first passion, i still feel its a big part of me. Hopefully what you read.. more..

Writing
part one part one

A Chapter by Norma Bruce


part 2 part 2

A Chapter by Norma Bruce