The Last 24

The Last 24

A Story by Andie
"

The idea came to me while speaking with a friend.

"
~12:00am~
Woozy and with a slight headache, I pressed my head to her's. We were ear to ear. My left hand weighed down by a silver cannon, just as her right one was. Not a tear graced our faces. The time for crying was over. We knew what was about to happen, we planned it years ago, back when we were in our teens. I never thought the day would actually come when this would happen. I always though we would grow out of the idea. That maybe we would look back at the idea in our older persons and laugh at the drama of it all. Yet, there I was, 27, sitting with the 25 year old who's idea this was.

"Hey Nicole?" As she spoke out my name, her words slurred, showing her intoxication.

"Yeah?"

"Are we really doin' this?" That was a good question. My bare thighs began to feel cold and my head was pounding. I hadn't had as much to drink, my focus had been on the pile of weed we managed to blow our savings on. Our little going away part had come to its end, and it was time for us to go. I pulled my head away form her's to look at her face. The whites around her brown eyes were stained and bloodshot. One was slightly more awake then the other. Her ebony hair, pulled high into a sloppy bun that leaked off her head. My free hand found hers and held it tightly.

"You want to, don't you?" Her head bobbed sloppily in reply.

"Yeah." She said, holding onto the 'ah' "We do everything together, humm? Why not this too? Why not just get it all over with? We can be free. We will be free." Ignoring the throb under my skull. I though about how good that sounded. Freedom. I nodded even though she was no longer looking at me. Once again, I moved my head to her's, that time my eyes were closed. At that point, I realized why we never grew out of our morbid life plan. The decision that when Sarah hit the ripe age of 25 we would take each other out. We would spend her birthday out and about, finding trouble, sex, booze, and drugs. We would have been stupid to change our minds. To give up the chance to give up on life. We lived, we saw, we waited, and nothing was ever there. Our empty hearts left adds that were never answered. We knew our fate as teens. I only regretted waiting so long.

"Ready?" A light moan from the body next to me was my only reply. Still, we readied our guns simultaneously. The cold barrel sank past my hair, and sent chills to my scalp. I told myself I wouldn't feel it soon enough, and cracked my lips.

"One."

"Two." Sarah almost sang back. I could feel her smile. The next tiny word we said in unison, just as we planned. It all happened just as planned...

"Three." With eyes open, my triggered was pulled.

© 2013 Andie


Author's Note

Andie
Wow. I haven't written anything in so long. I kind of lost reason to, and got lazy. Humm. I like this one though.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awesome! This is kind of how Heather Brewer writes all her novels: no such thing as a happy ending unless it ends in death or involves blood!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Ahh, Heather Brewer. I was addicted to the vladimir tod books. X) Thank you very much
Oh my this was really good you shouldn't stop you have such talent!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. That means a lot. (:
Definitely has a pull into it. I was hooked at the first sentence and spent the whole time thinking "Oh what could that one decision be that they had made when they were little?" I honestly wasn't expecting it. And I love it.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much. (: I'm glad you liked it.
wow... that was awesome :D It really pulls you into the story, I think you should write a entire story leading up to this because it would be awesome to see the story unfold from teenagers to adults :) lovely XD

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Wow thank you. X) Ohh, yeah, I might actually do that. Haha
This is fantastic and there's a great tone to it. Honest and original. Well done!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much, Inda. (:
I enjoyed the pure honesty of it all, death cannot come fast enough. Both girls thoughts on having no other way out. I wonder what would have happened if at the end you had written "my trigger was pulled but Sarah's was not".

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Andie

10 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I actually thought about the ending you suggested, but thought it was a little .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

497 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 18, 2013
Last Updated on October 18, 2013

Author

Andie
Andie

TX



About
Eh. more..

Writing
Blood FLow Blood FLow

A Poem by Andie


Disorder In Me Disorder In Me

A Poem by Andie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Home Home

A Poem by Andie


Pick An Arm Pick An Arm

A Poem by Andie


Beautiful Beautiful

A Poem by Andie


Save Me Save Me

A Poem by Andie


Girl Girl

A Poem by Andie