Living Graveyard

Living Graveyard

A Story by Motivation4Life
"

A graveyard suddenly comes to life and symbolizes a war against two opposing forces. Both have an abundance of power and both seek victory.

"

The crickets chirp…continuously piercing the silence as the soft breeze picks up speed gradually shuffling the leaves of the trees and swaying the rose bushes.

 

The temperature continues to decrease and in the far distance the bark of a dog barely makes an impact on the silence as it is so feint.

 

A giant black widow spider crawls up the stone as a couple of bats fly past at full speed, disappearing in an instance. The moonlight shines a blanket of sparkling light on the lake nearby and then a wolf howls with so much power the crickets retire from their chirping…and so the full silence of the area is restored.

 

A couple of scorpions crawl out of the black sand shun on by moonlight and march towards the stone standing tall. The sand grains make sudden strange movement and then suddenly…

 

The hand of a skeleton pops out, launching the scorpions into the air the hand sticks out of the sand mounted on the forearm and casts a shadow on the tombstone behind it.

 

Another skeleton hand dashes out in a sudden blast, the couple together press their palms into the ground, push with full force so that a head with a pair of shoulders emerges, the skeleton climbs out of the ground and granules fall from its bones,

 

And so it stands by its tombstone, way taller than the average person, with bones pure charcoal black in colour together with spiky glowing red orbs for eyes.

 

Another skeleton climbs out of the neighbouring causing a temporary sandstorm, an exact mimic of the first skeleton, charcoal bones, red eyes; it stands looking at its comrade and then turns its skull to face distance ahead.

 

More skeletons emerge from their graves and stand by their tombstones populating the graveyard with their mysterious kind. The army is eventually formed and so they wait in patience, all with glowing red eyes gazing at the graves on the opposite end of the yard.

 

Up in the mountains…in the medieval laboratory situated in an old wooden mansion, a baby spider descends from the witch’s nostril on a string of web, the witch snorts heavily and the spider together with its string of web vanish in an instance.

 

Wicked laughter the witches share echoes through the laboratory while they throw snake heads into the pot of thick boiling purple goo. Their silky black robes compliment the vibrant orange skin they all have.

 

One of the witches walks to the dusty table made of planks she collects the old book and off she is back to joining her sisters in their wicked cooking.

 

The army of charcoal black skeletons still looking into the distance persist in observing the other far end of the graveyard…a sturdy thick blue hand mounted on a dressed forearm smashes out of the crusty sand, the creature wastes no time and quickly works its way out of the ground, finally standing above the sand it clenches its fist and a couple of insects crawl out of its dry hollow wounds.

 

The creature of light blue skin and with glowing blue orbs for eyes wears its dusty, dull, old and brown leather jacket in pride. With the absence of material underneath the jacket it flaunts a section of the masculinity of its body as the buckle of its belt sparkles with quality in the light of the moon.

 

Its comrade in the next grave digs out and stands by the tombstone and looks ahead at the army of charcoal black skeletons.

 

The witches giggle in ecstasy and throw strange powders into the boiling purple goo filled with snake heads and skulls. The mixture steams with red glowing smoke that fills the entire medieval lab with red light for several seconds,

 

This silences the witches as they all glance back and forth at each other, a couple of seconds later and they are all caught up in endless waves of noisy giggles once again. The witches continue throwing all sorts of vile ingredients into the pot following the instructions of the mysterious book.

 

More strange blue creatures emerge from their graves all in worn out leather jackets and wearing open hollow wounds in pride. An insect crawls out of the wound on a creature’s chest and so the creature lifts its arm and simply flicks it into the wind.

 

The main skeleton, standing in the centre of the front rank patiently withdraws its sword, the blade pierces the silence as it slides along the inside of the sheath. The skeleton holds its katana up in ego as its old robe with a head piece and violent tears flaps swiftly with the wind.

 

The rest of the army of skeletons, all in torn robes, withdraw their katanas and stare ahead at the blue army on the opposite side of the graveyard. The blue creatures pull knuckle dusters out of the pockets of their jeans and dress their fingers with them.

 

The creatures then pull revolvers out of their leather jackets and continue keeping their attention on the army of skeletons.

 

The skeletons begin their march and the main blue creature straightens his arm out pointing his pistol at the skeletons. The creatures then all begin their march together leaving their tombstones behind.

 

A couple of witches now stir vigorously with long wooden stick while their sisters read together from the mysterious book. “Oh my! Ladies,” one of the witches calls in laughter. “Leave what you are doing! The undead queen has just cast a vision upon me! We are about to miss a movie! Let’s go quickly my sisters!” She commands.

 

The witches dash off upstairs collect their broom sticks and off into the clouds they all go flying, three times faster than the quickest bird known to man.

 

And so the war begins…

Ntando Sibiya

© 2015 Motivation4Life


Author's Note

Motivation4Life
I enjoy the positive comments just as much as the brutally honest criticism, so please feel free to express how you feel about this piece and thanks in advance :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on May 28, 2015
Last Updated on May 28, 2015
Tags: undead, skeleton, power, fantasy, magic, war, fighting

Author

Motivation4Life
Motivation4Life

Johannesburg, South Africa



About
I am more than determined and ambitious to make a change in this world! I aspire to be a very influential person who shall touch the lives of millions of people! Everybody has ideas and talents, ev.. more..

Writing