Vernacular Homicide

Vernacular Homicide

A Chapter by Nusquam Esse
"

Can words kill?

"

Umbrageously pandemoniac lexicon of  hubristic recalcitrance punitively and  vindictively castrates a castigating Vox Populi which vituperatively lambasted zenithal anachronistic blasphemies upon heinous transcendent apophthegm henceforth juxtaposed with benign albeit prismatic expressions of nescient and narcissistic logophilia from a vehement primordially apexed Faustian ego misconstrued under hedonist expressions audaciously edacious or rather voraciously contorted with subversively salacious gimmicks never sagacious in animose ostentatious submissions to visceral logorrheic anarchical aneurysms flummoxed under ultimatums of linguistic optimists subverted by this cadenced opportunistic moribund asphyxiation…



Foucault warned me, ‘The Birth of the Prison’, but homicide with disregard to punctuation, such a crime is capital. 


Yes, Capital Indeed!






It took me a few hundred tries, but I managed to record a reading without any pauses; as would be meant without any punctuation.



© 2018 Nusquam Esse


Author's Note

Nusquam Esse
Came up with this idea of a poem while talking with Arzel Blue, which for the record, is meant to be ironic. Since there is absolutely nothing in here which represents 'vernacular'. This shit be verbose, so grab a dictionary, or just pretend it didn't happen. ;) If you notice anything off, please let me know, because honestly... this is dayum confusing even for me. Don't forget, punctuation means you can take a breath, so you better not take a breath anywhere else... or else! Or else you'll get out alive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hahaha... Reminds me of V sans the alliteration and punctuation.. I admit, some words were new to me and from these particular words "nescient and narcissistic logophilia from a vehement primordially apexed Faustian ego", I came to an understanding that this is some sort of jab at people who use diction they themselves have little idea about..

The recording was a fun companion..
I learned a few things.. Thanks for the share.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

This was a piece directed to people who try and use 'big words' without actually understanding their.. read more



Reviews

Tongue twister, much? I can't believe you read it out loud!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Lol! I only understood about 1/3 of these words. Thanks, the humility given is appreciated!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Hahaha... Reminds me of V sans the alliteration and punctuation.. I admit, some words were new to me and from these particular words "nescient and narcissistic logophilia from a vehement primordially apexed Faustian ego", I came to an understanding that this is some sort of jab at people who use diction they themselves have little idea about..

The recording was a fun companion..
I learned a few things.. Thanks for the share.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

This was a piece directed to people who try and use 'big words' without actually understanding their.. read more
hahahahahaha I meant to write an explitive but only haha came out. insane!!
can words kill? well these can, at any rate.
and are we supposed to read it the way you did?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Lots of practice, deep breathing, and a bit of luck. This was a satirical piece directed to people .. read more
Woody

9 Years Ago

touche!! I guess you made your point :)
Notice anything OFF....seriously, I'm still tripping, I'll let you know when I come down....this is either genius or insane, I haven't figured it out yet. ;)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

True that, did you ever come up for air recording that?!
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

You can hear a sharp intake of breath right at misconstrued; I needed to plan out where to get some .. read more
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

I didn't catch it...I was waiting for it too....
THIS IS AWESOME!!!
Soooo funny!!
Love it.....Claire

Posted 9 Years Ago


You should be on America's got Talent with this. Yes, big words, very big words to go with a very big breath. Amazing my friend.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I must say, you humor me with such a clever play of words regarding the prison system near the ending. In this you speak of the chaos that an idealist could inflict upon spreading ideals that even they cannot reinforce, how the idealist is so inspired by the knowledge they have accumulated that they lost track of what they had truly wanted in the beginning and instead pursued the woes of appeasing the public, much like Faust, who was so bored in life that he sold his soul to the devil for worldly knowledge (I have admittingly never finished the full tale, although I truly should, but I do know the summary of it). Striking at the heart of those who attempt to pedantically utilize empty knowledge to form poetry that doesn't seem to make sense but seems intimidating for the sake of appeasing their readers with 'big words' was truly a clever move; a step up to their game to show you are able to knock them off their socks *and* make more than a lick of sense while doing so.

You paint such a beautifully morbid tale about the woes of men who mimic intelligence and have lost sight of their true goals whilst on their pursuit for power and relating it to the prison system was so exuberantly brilliant and clever that the pun shall now remain entrenched in my head. Well done, I applaud you for having written so profoundly.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Excellent job comparing this to the legend of Faust! It is such a profound tale, which has influenc.. read more
I will too....................

Posted 9 Years Ago


OMG, THAT WAS A MOUTHFUL!!
:)
I don't understand any of it.
I'm going to write a poem in Macedonian and send you a read request as pay back for this.
xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

I know some really good finishing moves in Mortal Kombat. That count?
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

As my ol' man used to say, "Finishing moves don't matter if you can't get far enough to finish". He.. read more
Matching Socks

9 Years Ago

LOL.
....................

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

758 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 23, 2018
Tags: Prose, Poetry, Irony, Satire, Vocabulary, Punctuation, Vernacular, Capital, Homicide


Author

Nusquam Esse
Nusquam Esse

Ogden, UT



About
****I have disabled RRs, since I just don't have the time and energy to continue returning every review. I have enough on my plate without nagging feelings of obligation; so please, do NOT review me .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Solo... Solo...

A Poem by redflutterby