Never Let Go

Never Let Go

A Chapter by Nusquam Esse

Eclipsed by a diadem of stars
   Crumbling 'neath obliviating suns
       Parodied by penumbrous moons;
Left only to strive under the Void
       Shackled to a voracious demise

Roaring omnipresent truth,
  
Withholding the key to see
       
Through cornerstones of dismay,
Exiled by cruel, bereft
       
Time.


Twas but a piece of the finite
   When I first gazed within
       Eyes endowed with fathomed tides.
I'll never feel love,
      
But even this beast wept

As you lay in my arms,
  
Cold as the night's shadow
      
Which bore you to me,
I understood the infinite
       Sorrow


With trembling hands
   I sought ardor
      
Cold skin will never hold.
I waited, isolated--a suicide
      
Crushed under despair

Borne away on untraveled rivers,
  
I'll search in solitude
For a way to bridge infinities
   Which will always be

       One...



I'll never let go.          




© 2018 Nusquam Esse


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have read this now so many times I think it is starting to change from a poem to a mantra. And what i relate to the most is the desire to avoid the gesture of caving in. Becuase at the start is already been put under pressure by the power of the mighty celestial objects something preventing from forming, relating sent into excile even. It is ardous. But then a revelation of sorts, destiny driven brought if anything a little hope although fear it evokes. What lives here will not cave - in. Remain "die-hard"

I really welcome this.

And I thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Aloha,

At the risk of repeating myself, this one, too is exquisite in it's poignant emotional content that is at first subtle...

Very well done, you!

Alisa

Posted 8 Years Ago


The diction of this piece is remarkably consistent. Very strong choice of words, and with prolific variety--the very characteristic of your style that drives me envious. Your linguistic aptitude is really something.

I understand and love the subtle effect of the fading colors in the last line but I wonder what the different colors and shades of the other lines represent...

I like the quality of your voice. It's cool and warm at the same time, with a distant ring of melancholy in it (this is what I sensed anyway. haha), which of course suits the mood of the poem. Well done, Nusquam.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Thanks for visiting yet again Blue... :) I am glad you enjoyed the variety of words packed into thi.. read more
Sorry it took so long to review something of yours. Okay to me I like this because of the complex nature of it and I like the way you stylized it for the visual experience. The execution was on par with everything else.

Posted 9 Years Ago


O.o I wish I could write poetry like that. Amazing. It takes a few times to get it, but once you do, just wow. I bet if I showed this to my Literature class, we could spend hours analysing it :P Awesome job!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The words you chose to express the emotion in this piece is amazing. I did have to read it more than once, but it only made me appreciate your creativity.


Posted 9 Years Ago


I have read this now so many times I think it is starting to change from a poem to a mantra. And what i relate to the most is the desire to avoid the gesture of caving in. Becuase at the start is already been put under pressure by the power of the mighty celestial objects something preventing from forming, relating sent into excile even. It is ardous. But then a revelation of sorts, destiny driven brought if anything a little hope although fear it evokes. What lives here will not cave - in. Remain "die-hard"

I really welcome this.

And I thankyou

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Superb!
I don't have any suggestions; I think it's perfect just as it is!
Claire

Posted 9 Years Ago


My first recommendation for you in attempting free verse is to just write down what you're thinking about in a paragraph and then rearrange the words into a poem. This is technically a free verse poem, but it's a little short on the poetry. I don't mean this as an insult at all -- on the contrary, I think you're a good writer, but this doesn't sound like you. There are too many "big" fancy words in this (and that's coming from someone that LOVES to use big words!). Try using "real," normal language that you feel comfortable with. I know there's emotion behind this, but the fancy language makes it hard to read, and detracts from the individuality of the piece. I want to read you!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

Bluntly put... this is me. I just wrote down what came to mind; none of these words are ones that I.. read more
Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

LOL, if you want to see me go out of my way to use big words, then check out my poem Vernacular Homo.. read more
DaughterNature

9 Years Ago

Love that idea!
I agree with Jennie about how amazing your word choice is. Few writers are so adept with semantics. I even have to look up words you use in the dictionary sometimes, and I've tested in the 99th percentile for vocabulary on standardized tests! Breathakingly good

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Sam
Pas mal, Nusquam. How absolute it reads.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

722 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on June 27, 2014
Last Updated on May 23, 2018


Author

Nusquam Esse
Nusquam Esse

Ogden, UT



About
****I have disabled RRs, since I just don't have the time and energy to continue returning every review. I have enough on my plate without nagging feelings of obligation; so please, do NOT review me .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..