Crimes of Passion Intro

Crimes of Passion Intro

A Story by Mingel
"

A wealthy man is engaged,but there are no sparks. He sees himself falling for a stranger his uncle brought, but it turns out she happens to be his cousin. Can he stop his heart from loving her?

"

 As the rain fell, Gwen was crowded in the small little café with all the unlucky others who predicted the wrong weather today. She didn’t mind, rain had a calming effect on her.  She gazed around this little café, observing everyone carefully; she found it amusing trying to guess what these people have been doing and their facial expressions, it just so happened she was gazing at a man who looked to be in his late fifties, she guessed that he had been on a long journey by the way his face looked tired and dirty, he had been crying over death? Or was it something else?  She was so engrossed that she heard the waitress only a second time, “Anything else ma’am?” she snapped out of her focus and smiled at the waitress “No thanks”

    Michael Hart looked picture perfect as usual as he met up with his girlfriend Joyce Grimes. Today, they would be celebrating their second year together. As he came down, Joyce smiled, Michael knew she had approved his tailored suit, she wasn’t half bad herself with her low neck red dress “You look nice” he said “Thanks, let’s get going” not even a compliment. As they reached the restaurant, Joyce was already on her cellphone, maybe this was a sign, Michael thought. They sat in the middle of the restaurant “Le menu” a waiter said as he handed the menus to them “Might I suggest lobster, the cook has prepared it greatly, it’s very fresh” “We’ll have the lobster” Joyce said. The waiter nodded and left. “Isn’t this great, two whole years” Michael nodded and smiled as he remembered a recent conversation earlier this week. “Two years with that vampire” the man whistled “Russell” Michael said warningly “Sorry but no one expected two years” “Maybe you didn’t but others did” he raised his eyebrows questioningly “Ok but if she dumps you for a richer man I won’t be surprised”  “What makes you think she’ll dump me” the man, Russell, shrugged. “Did you hear what I said?” he snapped out of his thought and looked at Joyce “Sorry just thinking” “About me” she said “Always” smiling he said. The lobster came and he saw the object of interest clearly. “This smells fantastic” Joyce said as she devoured the steaming lobster with her eyes, as she gave it, what Michael like to call, her ‘Joyce’ inspection, she laid eyes on a small, nice ring near the mouth of the lobster, “Joyce Ashley Hollands will you marry me” she didn’t hesitate “Yes” she said as she put on the ring on and looked at it admiringly.

 The rain had stopped and Gwen went her way. She admired how the rain made everything anew and fresh, this gave her inspiration like everything else and like everything else, couldn’t resist it. Arriving home, she took her journal and started writing. A knock interrupted her ,surprising her, no one came to visit her in her small cottage at this time of the day, “Coming” but the person had already let themselves in, “How you doing kid” a man in his early forties said. She gave him an affectionate hug, “Uncle J” she said happily. Settling down, she gave him a strong drink and he began talking. “It’s been awhile kid, how you doing?” “I’m doing okay, still living as you can see” she smiled “Tell me dear uncle, what brings you back to this lovely city, I know enough you didn’t just come here for a social visit” “Is it that obvious?” “Your face says it all” “You always were a face reader” “More like an observer” he missed these talks but she was right “I was here for a business call, but dropped in to say hi and I have a proposition for you” she gave him an interested look “Proposition huh?” “What do you say about going to the country side? I have to see family, you like that nature inspiring junk” “When do we leave?” “That’s my girl, how about now, unless you have something you need to take care of?” “None at all, just give me five minutes”.

© 2012 Mingel


Author's Note

Mingel
I've written this on a lazy day, and it just came to me. I'm sorry to say it has no basis and my heart hasnt been in this all the way :(. I'm hoping to get reviews on what you think of my writing style, where i need improvements, and so much more. Most likely there are alot of grammar problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on December 20, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012
Tags: Love, Romance

Author

Mingel
Mingel

About
more..

Writing
Executioner Executioner

A Poem by Mingel


Love Race Love Race

A Poem by Mingel