I miss you.

I miss you.

A Story by Rosegal95
"

Two lovers, always in the wrong place at the wrong time, and their struggle to move on.

"
    I miss you.
There they stood. At the top of the steps of their apartment complex.
She looked over her shoulder at her car parked on the street. Her lime-green, '95 Beetle was packed to the top with everything she owned. She turned back and looked at him. She stared into his blue-green eyes, that were once so bright every time he looked at her...now they were dull and full of tears. Looking into his eyes, broke her heart. She knew he was dying inside. 
They had been so in love, for so long. Five very long years, the timing had just never been right. Until they finally got their chance at their love, The past year and half had been nothing short of absolute bliss. But they had come realize that no matter how they turned it, no matter how they tore things apart, they just wanted completely different things out of their lives. They had been too blinded before by the intensity of their love, that they hadn't stopped to honestly think it out. 
Now there they were. Heartbroken. Yet still so in love. 
"Hey." She said, reaching up and cupping his face in her hands so he would look at her instead of past her. 
"I still love you, so much. I know that I will always have a part of me that loves you, and I know that you have the same for me. Is that right?" She said softly, pulling his face slightly closer down to hers. 
He nodded and as he blinked, tears slowly rolled down his face. 
She smiled lightly and moved her right hand from his face to his shoulder. "I'm not going to disappear, okay? You were my best friend first, and you always will be." Tears started to surface in her eyes, and she didn't bother holding them back as she started to choke on her words. "We just want too many different things. Its just not meant to be for us. But we both are going to go out, do some healing and move on, and when the time is right, that perfect person for each of us is going to come along. We'll laugh about it, we'll all go out together, we'll have Sunday lunches together and we'll let our kids play together as often as possible. So maybe someday they can be best friends like us. Okay?" Neither of them held back any tears or emotions at this point. They both cried openly and he had pulled her into his arms to really embrace her just one more time. After a moment or two, They let each other go and she reached up once again and cupped his face, bringing it to hers. She kissed him and he kissed her back. Deeply, like they always had. Once more they pulled away and then still with tears in her eyes, she gave a tight smile and a small nod. She turned away and began to walk to the beetle. But she stopped at the bottom of the steps, she turned and called up to him, already starting to open the door to the complex. "Hey!" she yelled. He turned back and looked at her, confused. "I miss you!" She hollered. He smiled at her. See, "I miss you." Didn't mean just that to them...throughout the entire almost 7 years they had known each other, anytime they were apart, (which was often) and one missed the other, but not just missed, craved, needed them, loved them, hurt for them, desired their presence more than anything else at that moment...They said: "I miss you."
"I miss you too." He said out loud, and then he turned, and shut the door behind him. 

© 2019 Rosegal95


Author's Note

Rosegal95
I'd love hear any feedback you have!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on January 26, 2019
Last Updated on January 26, 2019
Tags: romance, breakups, bonds, love, best friends, hurt, crying, tears, breaking, true love, hope

Author

Rosegal95
Rosegal95

Baxter, MN



About
I have always liked to write, ever since I was very young. I was constantly writing short stories and making up new concepts in my mind. I love to mainly write free verse, it helps to clear my mind. b.. more..

Writing