Indigo

Indigo

A Story by Maddie

A field of blooming indigo flowers seemed to softly caress my body, leaving a sweet, spring scent across my bloodied flesh. I lay there for a while, letting the flowers overpower my senses, almost giving me a headache. But that was okay. 
I barely moved my head forward, a deep throbbing pain surging through my neck and flesh. I looked at my new and glorious porcelain skin, the countless stitches covering my body. But not only were the stitches covering my body, but you could still see a small glimpse of my old skin. The sight of the disgusting and worn skin I once had showed through some of my stitches, sending a murderous ache into my stomach. My worry soon vanished, as they had said my new skin would grow over it. Soon, they said. The beautiful indigo flowers blew in the wind, blowing some of my stiffened hair. My hair was now covered and dried into a deep crimson; blood. My blood. And that was okay. 
But oh was my skin beautiful; it made me want to smile when I saw it. The smooth porcelain flesh covered my body, and even with the deep, gashed stitches covering me, it was still beautiful. The blood would soon wash away and I would heal. And I will be beautiful. Just like these indigo flowers. 
I let my head slowly fall down again, a sharp sting penetrating my body, following a deep spell of chills. The pain soon became unbearable, my eyes clenching themselves shut. I opened them again, the bright blue sky seeming to wave at me. What felt like a teardrop emerging from the corner of my eye felt strange and thick, a sensation that felt so unusual I wanted ever so badly to touch it. But I could not move, and I could only feel the small drop fall tediously and slowly down my face. I moved my head to the side, to see a small drop of red fall onto the grass.
I moved my head back up again, and a sudden rush of happiness came over me. Beauty, I thought. That is what I am. And for the first time in a long while, I smiled. I let my new smile stretch as far as I could, because now it could expand as far as I wanted. I could feel the stitches in my cheeks and my lips stretching as I smiled even more, the smile seeming to cover my entire face. It burned, but it burned with a simple, and treasured bliss. Joy ran through my veins, and I closed my eyes calmly and peacefully, the smile on my face never vanishing. 
The flowers began to talk to me, their small voices speaking and whispering into my ears. I felt my body fall into a cold sleep, the blue sky turning to black, no longer waving but biding goodbye. The big smile never left, and neither did the flowers. Neither did their whispers. And there, the perfect body lay, lifeless, blood giving way to indigo. 

© 2012 Maddie


Author's Note

Maddie
When I get bored and think of things that bother me...I write stuff like this

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is very good. :) I love the imagery.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Maddie

11 Years Ago

Thank you!!! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 19, 2012
Last Updated on December 20, 2012
Tags: short story gore sad creepy

Author

Maddie
Maddie

About
Maddie. That is my name dearest ones. I have always had a strange love for either something strange or either too out of order. But it's all okay, because we all have strange loves for things. Specifi.. more..

Writing
Creep Creep

A Poem by Maddie


Scent Scent

A Story by Maddie