/:/When the daisies bloom/:/

/:/When the daisies bloom/:/

A Poem by Risuzee

When she'd look outside, to where the sky is black and the stars burn brightly, she'd start to feel homesick. Even when she's sitting in the comfort of her room in her own house, she still felt like this wasn't where she's suppose to be. 
She no longer craved human comfort like she did before. She was perfectly content being on her own, having only the window separating her and the air that kiss the trees. That was what she longed for. She wanted to have the water from the ocean crash at her feet beneath her and to have the wind run through her fingers and comb each strand of her crumbling hair. 
All she could do now was wait. All she could do now was sit in her room and feel the warmth of the sun on her fingertips by pressing her hand against the smudged mirror. She was hungry, but it wasn't food that could cure her. It was being able to roll down the window next to her and look at the trees and sunflowers moving past her at a pace that couldn't compare to her heart rate, which would occasionally skip a beat. 
She wanted to see the shoreline, right in front of her without having a glass pane stop her hands from freely touching the sand right beneath her curling toes. She wanted to drench herself to the bone with the salt water from the ocean that touched the sun every time the day would end. 
It pained her that she couldn't feel anything in the confined room she was placed in which resembled her life ironically. Desperately, she wished to feel the warmth of a fire wrap around her like a safety blanket. She wished to feel the sting of the cold snow when the blood has left her fingertips and her nose, along with her cheeks, has transformed into a rosy red. Inside her little confined room, she felt numb. A little too numb. 
She wanted to live the life she desperately wants to live, because she believes that the brutality of reality would be much better than the nothingness of her abstract prison. 

© 2015 Risuzee


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this! I love all the metaphors, and Imagery in here. Great work

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on October 17, 2014
Last Updated on February 26, 2015
Tags: +