Insanity

Insanity

A Poem by Chloe

The infuriating cycle of wanting and disgust within my own being is slowing clawing at my sanity and making it impossible for me to function in this world that I live in.


Beauty to behold is held captive by distance and self-promises, taunting my mind and body with unattainable possibility. The unknown subject is merely a reminder of the steps I have taken in the last fiscal year to improve my soul and yet... Yet she taints it with the imagery and lust that I have been suppressing.


I yearn for contact the way a vampire desires blood; instinctively. Fire defines my blood and now that rage is beginning to manifest itself into my entire form. The fidgeting, tireless form that seems to be my being is merely masking the truth of unrest. Animalistic need is pure and raw; the monster within me to an embarrassing degree makes me feel like a deviant under scrutiny of my own conscious.


Break me and take me. Prove to me that control is not mine with force. Respect the demon in my soul and allow it the opportunity to come to the surface, if only for the dead of night.

© 2011 Chloe


Author's Note

Chloe
Comment as you please.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wonderful! Great story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The poem is amazing. Need to be read a few times.You open many doors to questions and mystery in the poem.
"Beauty to behold is held captive by distance and self-promises, taunting my mind and body with unattainable possibility."
The above statement is my favorite. Demons are many in the mind and our lives. Some can find us in the daylight too. Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Zi
My Dear Chloe,
This is yet another piece of evidence to support my theory that you have some preternatural control over my emotions. I love it, as I always love your work, and hope that you find your release for this demon I know you carry. To be sure, we have spent too long without eachother's company. We have a lot to catch up on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


You've penned the love and lust and the need to feed perfectly in this write.. I know the feeling well and can relate.. it's like they pump through our veins... And it does feel like break me and take me... Well done..xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 2, 2011
Last Updated on November 3, 2011
Tags: Lust, Want

Author

Chloe
Chloe

Forest Hills, NY



About
I'm a down to earth young woman who happens to love the art of the quill. more..

Writing
Acid Acid

A Poem by Chloe


Care Care

A Poem by Chloe


Conscious Conscious

A Poem by Chloe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Life Life

A Poem by Chloe


For Their Sake For Their Sake

A Poem by Chloe