Shame

Shame

A Poem by Fallen king

We live in a world where your people make you who you are.
The innocent become thugs, the thugs become innocent.
people who haven't smoked a day in their lives turn in to Manuel Noriega in the eyes of the law.
Innocent minorities turn in to the lowest levels of scum, and deserve to be put to death.

Yet in my corrupt America, we live where the greenest of things can pay your ticket to freedom.
while innocent teenagers are sent to federal prisons, Wealthy businessmen with police reports that stretch across this country run freely, their middle fingers to the media.
America has gone from the land of the free to a sickening wasteland that spews hatred, and blood. 

Let our people rejoice in ignorance as another man's life is taken, the darkening of the hearts of the killers as dark as the mans skin.

Red the color of the blood spilled on this soil to fight for freedom, only to oppress  another people.

White, the illusion of purity, allowing us to think that all will be alright as long as we put faith in the country.

Blue, The lie that justice shall always prevail in taking out those who deserve it.  

I pledge allegiance to no one as I walk away with my head low in shame

© 2015 Fallen king


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

please review, thank you.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
1 Review
Added on June 8, 2015
Last Updated on June 8, 2015

Author

Fallen king
Fallen king

About
I'm a new writer, working on a novel series. more..

Writing