Was true BEAUTY created by an intelligent designer?   Or did a big bang and evolution make things?

Was true BEAUTY created by an intelligent designer? Or did a big bang and evolution make things?

A Story by Steve
"

Please fill me in. I dont get it!

"

Just look at a beautiful young woman  

A laughing child.  

A small animal that wants to jump and play 

A waterfall    

A sunset

 

Could all of this incredible beauty have just come about by chance?  By a huge explosion billions of year ago?

 

Do we really believe this?  Is this what scientists want us to believe?  What would God think of us dissing his magnificent creation?

 

 Why would anyone want us to believe that?

 

Think about it.

© 2010 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
Let me know what you think......I am not a part of a major religion. And i'm not crazy. I'm not on a quest. I am not looking for donations. I just dont understand people who believe that our beautiful earth and all of its contents evolved slowly over billions of years. This makes no sense to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

On the question - for me, I believe the way life came to be (or always was?) is more awesome than any of us could possibly handle, our guesses and writings not even scratching the surface of creation in all it's splendor, no matter how it came to be...

I think your poem brings home the point that we were given free will to think, to grapple, to reach...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I could argue and write the lengthiest review ever- however, if you REALLY want to fully understand this, I suggest you read David Hume or Kant about the earth's design. You'll really find what you are looking for in there. I know I did. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a very thought provoking piece, to say the least. It's admirable for a poet to create something that makes his audience delve into their own mind, to think, not merely preach or tell the reader how to think.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very thought provoking piece. I've often observed nature and thought there is definitely something bigger out there. The world is too complex, too beautiful to have just been created by a big bang. There's absolutely a higher power at work here.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very thought provoking question it is !
beautifully expressed innocently asked ...... come to think of it its God's creation and we are all so in different about the beauty around us all ....

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is such a good call, the topic. Creation!
And no possible way that evolution works. I strongly disagree with it, being Christian. But scientists, like scientists... Say it's not possible.
A cool fact---- The chance of evolution existing is one of a monkey typing out Shakespeare's works. It's true, google it
A beautiful poem praising God!! Why would anybody want to believe that evolution garbage??????

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nothing, and I do mean nothing, ever comes by by chance. Everything always happends for a reason. Good or bad. It is just how God has it planned, and how it unfolds. I love how you let others that read this think on how they are going to answer this. Completely great work. Great.

Sarah.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Just look at the intricate details in the petals and leaves of a flower, or the complicated strands of our D.N.A. I don't believe in those coming about by chance. The forming of a child in the womb, and our innate ability as humans to create such a beautiful perfection like our children. I believe one hundred percent in a creator, and not just any creator. One that obviously sees beauty in the smallest thing.
Thought provoking poetry here :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I believe beauty is in the eye of the beholder! I've never given much thought to what God, Scientists, Family, Friends or Others thought about what and how I see things. I think that's the beauty of being an individual and finding your own inspriration. Being different is fascinating:) Wonderful write and I like the questioning of one's self.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A wonderfly written deep thinking piece. To be in awe of mother nature, the universe and human souls is the best kind of thinking. So nice to meet you and thank you for the review. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


GOD didn't create the earth in 7 days in our time perspective. GOD is beyond all time; time is only a frame of reference for our feeble little minds to get round but a minute portion of the infinite ... but the earth was created over time. A day to GOD could be hundreds of our earth years. And yes, I do believe in GOD. I talked to Him just a few minutes ago! :) Bless ...

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

732 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 7, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010

Author

Steve
Steve

NV



About
I am a new writer here. I want get this stuff out of my head and put it online!! I find a great release to let go of intense, deep thoughts. I like to write stories and I have collaborated.. more..

Writing
Feeling it Feeling it

A Story by Steve



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..