Was true BEAUTY created by an intelligent designer?   Or did a big bang and evolution make things?

Was true BEAUTY created by an intelligent designer? Or did a big bang and evolution make things?

A Story by Steve
"

Please fill me in. I dont get it!

"

Just look at a beautiful young woman  

A laughing child.  

A small animal that wants to jump and play 

A waterfall    

A sunset

 

Could all of this incredible beauty have just come about by chance?  By a huge explosion billions of year ago?

 

Do we really believe this?  Is this what scientists want us to believe?  What would God think of us dissing his magnificent creation?

 

 Why would anyone want us to believe that?

 

Think about it.

© 2010 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
Let me know what you think......I am not a part of a major religion. And i'm not crazy. I'm not on a quest. I am not looking for donations. I just dont understand people who believe that our beautiful earth and all of its contents evolved slowly over billions of years. This makes no sense to me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

On the question - for me, I believe the way life came to be (or always was?) is more awesome than any of us could possibly handle, our guesses and writings not even scratching the surface of creation in all it's splendor, no matter how it came to be...

I think your poem brings home the point that we were given free will to think, to grapple, to reach...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

beauty is perspective. What you view as beautiful is different than what I view as beautiful.
If you want to hear my beliefs, here they are: I think that God is either all powerful and uncaring, or he just made the beginning and let everything evolve after that, with out being able to do anything about the choices we make. I choose to believe the later.
Our destiny is our own. We create the standards for beauty. Our society is made up of a few powerful people controlling what everyone else thinks, even with out us realizing it. We compare ourselves to commercials without realizing it. Everything has value, because we put a price on it.
Think about it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


It makes perfect sense to me - and it's changing all the time. Unfortunately the changes that are evolving from here on seem to be less beautiful but they discovered several new species of beetle just last week. Evolution is a fascinating process and one that I have poured over for many hours in the Natural History museum in London. I also wonder around Lewes and wonder at the smallness of people just 400 years ago, when we have no hope of going through their front doors without stooping. I'm lucky enough to live near jurassic cliffs and fossils are turned up weekly - just last week I watched them 'rebuild' a fossil of the first ever creature to grow a spine. It was ugly and fishlike but such an important thing for something so tiny. I believe God is something that we believe in like we do the ABC but then the ABC needs to be turned into words or its just gobbledegook. We created the ABC and over time it has evolved into new words and old words have been lost. But the fundamental principle of ABC is still with us. Sometimes we have to trust that we have the mechanics but that nature is greater than all human nature.

(I only came to say thank you for the review but this caught my eye. Thank you :))

Posted 13 Years Ago


It makes no sense to me either when people say such things! I'll be honest and say I don't believe in the big bang.

It's like a watch. Pretend the watch is the earth and you take each and every piece apart and stick them in a bag. Shake it. Will it be all back together again? No, because that's impossible! But many people believe that there was a big bang. They're atheists. I'm not.

I believe that God created the earth in seven days. He made night and day. He made the waters and land. He made all living animals. And then he made people out of his image. And on the last day, he rested. Just like we should do on Sundays.

I mean just looking around at this amazing earth. How could some big bang create it? It's filled with different seasons and beauty. How could we ever think that?

Me, myself, believes that God, who loves everyone and who died for us, created this earth for us to live on. And when we die, we will either go to Heaven or Hell. If you ask God to come into your heart, ask Him to forgive your sins and say you believe in Him then you go to Heaven. He let's you decide who to believe in.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say. And keep writing! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


do you believe, then, that God created the universe in 7 days?

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

On the question - for me, I believe the way life came to be (or always was?) is more awesome than any of us could possibly handle, our guesses and writings not even scratching the surface of creation in all it's splendor, no matter how it came to be...

I think your poem brings home the point that we were given free will to think, to grapple, to reach...

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

these are thought provoking questions
we are visual creatures that look to soothe our eyes with something we think is beautiful (as they say "its to the eye of the beholder)
there is beauty in everything; beyond what the eye can see

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

It's beautiful Steve I love it, there is no such way where the big bang could create such a beautiful earth and its creatures on it certainly doesnt add up too me, but in anycase big bang or not, still makes me wonder
well done hun :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

732 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on November 7, 2010
Last Updated on November 7, 2010

Author

Steve
Steve

NV



About
I am a new writer here. I want get this stuff out of my head and put it online!! I find a great release to let go of intense, deep thoughts. I like to write stories and I have collaborated.. more..

Writing
Feeling it Feeling it

A Story by Steve



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..