The Wilderness Chapter 4

The Wilderness Chapter 4

A Chapter by Steve
"

In their mutual desperation, Travis and Jolleen go looking for someone who can still their beating hearts on this night.

"

Jolleen felt a rush of adreneline like she hadn't felt in a long time. It had been a few months since she had first noticed Kevin and she wanted to make something happen tonight. Jolleen could barely wait until she would be in the presence of her man. Jolleen was not considered to be a patient person. And tonight with a few drinks in her she felt even less so. Jolleen also had not been with a man in over a month and that needed to change, -and change damn soon!


Travis couldn't take this waiting anymore. Sitting alone in his car with the lady of his dreams supposedly just a hundred or so yards away was too much. He couldn't help but imagine what she was doing tonight. What was she wearing? A long flowing red nightgown? A nightshirt and nothing else? I need to make something happen tonight. I can't take the chance of missing out on what could be an amazing, sensual, unforgettable encounter. Travis knew that there was something definite going on between Jolleen and himself at work and he now wanted to see where this could lead. Travis couldn't imagine seeing Jolleen tonight and not having them end in bed together.  Of course, unfortunately for Travis, this was not going to happen.

Jolleen approached Travis' and Andrea’s door rapidly. She had Travis' wallet in her hand as a pretext of course but mainly she wanted to find Travis at home so that she could ask him about Kevin.  Jolleen would dearly love for something to happen with Kevin, and hoped that Travis would be able to help. A second before Jolleen had the chance to ring the doorbell Andrea spotted her from the living room window and opened the door and politely asked, “Can I help you?”



Travis came up with a plan. He decided that he definitely wanted to see where things could lead with Jolleen tonight. Instead of simply going to her door empty handed however, he decided to go the the gift shop that was inside the large grocery store in town and find something nice for her. He went there and after looking around for a few minutes he decided on a dozen yellow long stem roses, a bottle of red wine, and some cheese and crackers.


Jolleen was really not prepared for this conversation with Andrea. She wanted to say, “Yeah, I'm looking for Kevin.  I’d like to hook up with him tonight.   Can you tell me where Travis is so that I can ask for his help?   Or are you too busy cheating on him to help?”  But Jolleen bit her tongue and just asked if Travis was around. Andrea said 'no' and Jolleen started to hand the wallet to Andrea for her to give to Travis. Andrea surprised Jolleen greatly by saying, “Who are you? Are you that girl Jolleen?” Jolleen just took a step back and said, “How do you know me? I am only bringing back Travis' wallet. He left it at Mulligans.” Andrea just calmly and evenly said, “Yeah right! I know you. Travis talks in his sleep about you. He wants you. Why don't you just keep his wallet? I don't want him anymore. Just go back to the bar and maybe you will see him there!”


Travis left the store hoping that he wasn't making a large assumption about his chances with Jolleen but he finally concluded, “Who cares if this plans fails. I just really, really need to see her tonight. I just hope that she is alone and not with some guy Somehow I don't think she will be though.”

 


When Jolleen left the house she felt a little strange. It was kind of anti Climatic. It was as if Andrea was giving her permission to take her man. But this was not going to deter Jolleen in the slightest. She thought, “Where do I go from here? I have no idea of where either either of these guys are at the moment.   And its fricken weird that Andrea thinks that I am after Travis!   What the hell is wrong with her!”   

Jolleen reluctantly decides that it is best to just drive home. She starts out driving slowly thinking that there must be some way of finding Kevin. “Where would he be tonight?” On her way Jolleen knew that J.P. Mulligans would be off on the right hand side of the road as she passed it. She decides to take a quick look in the parking lot to see if she could see either Kevins or Travis’ truck.

A few minutes later, Travis is thrilled and a little uneasy when he sees Jolleens green Toyota Corolla start to slow down on Hoboken Way. She pulls in the driveway and he decides that he had better just hang out outside for at least a few minutes before going to the door with his bag of presents.

Back at her condo Jolleen is disappointed. She decides that she will probably have to get into something much less revealing and prop down on the couch in front of a long movie. What a waste! Jolleen then makes herself one last drink and starts to get comfortable when there is a knock on the door.

After knocking Travis starts to think that he now only has seconds before he is totally committed to the situation. Travis of course wants nothing more that to be alone with Jolleen and to finally be able to pull her into his arms and let things happen naturally, but the risk that she may not be as interested as he thinks she will be scares him a little. After all, the two have thus far only conversed a few times at work and he still has never even asked her out yet! And, Travis worries, maybe she has a date coming over later.

Jolleen opens the door and immediately smiles warmly. She says, “Travis! Where have you been tonight? I have been looking for you. I found your wallet.”

Travis doesn't answer. He isn't concerned about those things. He just slowly walks inside and looks for a place to set down the bag of items that he has purchased for this lovely lady. He quietly says, “I have a few things for you.”

Jolleen then says quietly and slowly. “What is this?”  After shutting the door Jolleen locks eyes with Travis and says.  “I’m sorry Travis.  I think you have this wrong.”




 



© 2011 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
The stage is being set for what the main part of the story will be about.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting! I'm surprised Andrea handled that situation as calmly as she did; I assume her relationship with Travis had been deteriorating long before this incident. Jolleen seems un-phased by the knowledge that Travis talks about her in his sleep. I'm curious to see what will happen between the two of them now that they're both in each other's company.

Grammar corrections:

Jolleen felt a rush of Adreneline like she hadn't felt in a long time. (Adrenaline doesn't need to be capitalized.)

She had Travis' wallet in her hand as a pretext of of course but mainly she wanted to find Travis at home so that she could ask him about Kevin. (You have two 'of's.)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow... what a crazy eventful night. Jolleen has balls to show up at a coworker's house unannounced. We finally get motive for Andrea's cheating.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Poor Travis, nothing is working out for him! Love the way the plot thickens!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


interesting dynamics you have set here; Jolleen seems to be carrying all the emotional energy and weight for Travis...all she has to do is be ready to get all that man lol


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

278 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 10, 2011
Last Updated on March 8, 2011


Author

Steve
Steve

NV



About
I am a new writer here. I want get this stuff out of my head and put it online!! I find a great release to let go of intense, deep thoughts. I like to write stories and I have collaborated.. more..

Writing
Feeling it Feeling it

A Story by Steve