The Wilderness Chapter 7

The Wilderness Chapter 7

A Chapter by Steve
"

Travis is out of options and he is desperate.

"

                            Chapter 7

 

An hour later as Travis finds himself driving aimlessly through the town of Dunlap, he decides that a Long Island Tea would be the ticket.  Travis is numb.  He has for all intents and purposes quit his job.  He has been staying at the Walsworth motel for the past several days now, and he can’t even afford the cheap rates they offer.  He is lonely since he broke up with Andrea, his friends seem to be too busy for him, and now he is jobless.   The most painful part of all is not having a real place to live.  He hates living in a small one room motel.  He only has money for about another week or so and then he will have to probably start sleeping in his truck.

 

Travis is aware that spending money right now is not a good option.  Simply driving around and wasting gas in not a good idea.  Travis decides to pull over near the University to sit and perhaps people watch.  He has always enjoyed doing that.  Its fun to watch people who have no idea they are being watched. I love it when they do something dumb and I see it and then they look up and notice that someone has seen them do it!     

 

Travis still has some of his bottled water left over from work and he made himself a lunch for work today so he starts to dig in. A bag of chips and two lukewarm sandwiches.  Yum!

 

As a number of people walk by his truck on the sidewalk Travis finds himself wondering if any of them have had as bad of a week as he has.  How could they have?   It’s mostly college students walking by at this time of day. Travis notices that most of the students walking by on are smiling and don’t seem to have a care in the world.  Almost all them are young, attractive, and apparently without many concerns about real life.

 

As Travis finishes his lunch he sees a group of young women walk by.   They are a group of three young ladies who are very busy conversing about whatever mundane topic that just happens to have bounced in to their empty heads.  All three of these young ladies are attractive.  But the redhead in the middle seems to be the leader of sorts.  She is the one the others are looking to for her reactions and she is the one who seems to be in charge of this little clique.  She is the shortest of the three, but she is no doubt the prettiest. 

 

Travis starts to have thoughts go through his mind that are not ones usually associated with him and his personality and upbringing.  He starts to think of how nice it would be to be well off financially and not to have to worry about sleeping in a seedy motel, or the backseat of his pickup truck.  He starts to think of how lucky some of these snotty rich kids are.  They have mommy and daddy pay for their education and everything else while they themselves party, sleep around, and act all superior to real hard working men and women like himself.

 

Just as that last thought went through Travis’ mind the two girls walking on the outside of the pretty redhead started down another path.  The redhead now walked alone and appeared to be heading toward one of the main university buildings.  I can’t believe I’m going to do this!  Travis thought to himself as he started up the pickup and slowing started moving toward the pretty coed who was still walking on the sidewalk next to the street where he had been parked.  Travis thought, there isn’t too many people around right now, and I won’t appear to be too conspicuous I don’t think. 

 

Travis’ heart starts to pound and his mouth goes dry as his pickup gets close to where Alex is walking.  Travis gets out of the truck and onto the sidewalk right behind her. 

 

Alex stops in front of the the Fine Arts building as she notices her tiny gold cross necklace has fallen off. She bends over to pick it up off the ground and fixes it around her neck.

 

Alex is a little over five feet tall and is wearing a short, pretty lavender skirt and white top. She is wearing white stockings and is a thin and shapely girl.  Alex is popular among the younger college crowd and she has tried to get involved in as many activities as she possible has time for.  She doesnt work as she has her expenses paid by her doting father and mother.

 

Travis thinks, "I can’t believe I’m doing this...but…."


He slowly comes behind her and covers her mouth gripping onto her tightly as she is now unable to scream.  He can’t help but feel how soft yet strong she feels in his arms.  She is a fighter!

 

Travis now must get her to the truck and without getting the attention of anyone. 

 

Alex fights to get Travis off but no luck and he holds her even tighter as she throws her body back at him trying to escape. Travis speaks quietly in her ear,   "This will be less painful and less of a struggle if you listen and do exactly as I say."

 

Alex starts to give in as she feels her eyes burning with tears but she holds back and tries to stay strong and calm.

 

Travis worries, " Holy s**t...I cant believe this.... I hope no one saw this happening.”

 

He slams the trucks passengers door with his new unwilling passenger and goes back to his side quickly jumps in starts the truck. He drives off while shaking and ponders what  to do next.

 

" Oh God!.  This is so stupid, but I barely have money for food...f**k!!!"

 

Travis sighs and drives on.

 

 

 



© 2011 Steve


Author's Note

Steve
A major twist is about to come in the story.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

What in the world was he thinking? Excellent chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Major, major twist. This has suddenly gotten extremely scary. I remember a man coming up and talking to me out of nowhere while I was in College. He was middle aged and I had NEVER in my life seen him on campus. (Once you stay on campus, you begin to recognize new faces). He seemed sweet enough but don't they all?

My friend who was walking by me, quickly started walking faster. She must have sensed what I did not. All I could think was B***h! lol I hate to be rude to people, so I guess that makes me an easy target. He began to ask me where I stayed and that's when I cut everything short. After that, I never saw him again... Idk y I just told you all that, but this story is freakin awesome. Can you say lifetime??

Oh yeah, and the typical college student you speak of actually fits the depiction of my ex-room mate. Mom n Dad didn't pay for my college. In fact, I am left w/ a s**t load of loans despite high marks through h.s and college. Unfortunately, I didn't have the no care in the world look to me either. I was developing a bad reputation so I was constantly angry/ sad. When I was smiling I was hiding a lot of pain.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

301 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 17, 2011
Last Updated on February 11, 2011


Author

Steve
Steve

NV



About
I am a new writer here. I want get this stuff out of my head and put it online!! I find a great release to let go of intense, deep thoughts. I like to write stories and I have collaborated.. more..

Writing
Feeling it Feeling it

A Story by Steve