Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Oliver Lee

Walking up to the cemetery wasn't that difficult. It was walking in that presented the problem. I knew when I left the house, death-gripping the flowers, where I was going. I didn't really feel anything until I got to the gate. The cold on my face suddenly tightened and I couldn't keep from slipping out a tear or two or three. 
This is stupid, I shouldn't be here. Okay. I stepped through the morning fog. The place was actually quite spooky in this setting. My feet squished in the wet grass. I wonder if I stand here long enough I'll just slowly sink down into the earth. God knows I want to.
I make my way to the headstone. I take a deep breath, trying to hold in everything I wanted, no, needed, to say to her. I couldn't speak because speaking leads to crying and crying means I'm feeling and I don't want to feel anything anymore. 
I'm suddenly aware of the twelve Mexican sunflowers in my grip. They were her favorites. She said they reminded her of home. I set the bouquet down by the glossy marble stone. I checked the time. 8:38. F**k. I'm late. 
"Hasta manana Mama. Siempre en mi corazon."
I turned and ran down the walkway towards Louisiana Street. School started a half hour ago.


© 2017 Oliver Lee


Author's Note

Oliver Lee
I am aware of the Spanish grammatical errors, my laptop will not allow me to use proper Spanish grammar because its stupid so :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

161 Views
Added on December 31, 2017
Last Updated on December 31, 2017
Tags: #love, #story, #book, #gangs, #deep, #feelings, #sad, #death, #drama, #cemetery, #school, #teen


Author

Oliver Lee
Oliver Lee

Batavia , NY



About
Oliver 16 LGBTQ+ advocate Reptile dad Theatre rat I make music "f**k" more..

Writing