super manuial

super manuial

A Poem by Rose Downing
"

This was what I was going to use to inspire people to join me in a superhero club.

"

Part one
Meterman
 
Hello from my Temple of Solos.
From the depths of an area that no one should go I bid the hello.
Hello from the frontal lobe of a delusional Psycho.
Hello from the heart of a hero,
and from the intrigue of a lonely nerd I bid the hello.
I am the death of apathy.
The birth of pay it forward.
Saver of Grief, and defender of any of those whom park their cars.
Stop there unwitting boot of society!
I'm a maniac.
I'm an idea.
I'm Meterman.
 
Part 2
Philosophy of a Super Hero
   How many times have you walked by a situation you could improve? Have you ever walked past a meter, and noticed that the time was out, and knew that the person was probably going to get a ticket?
"Dumb fu%* got it coming" you say?"
Or maybe, "Pore fella.... Oh well."
   I'll bet you had at least a dime in your pocket when this happened. But it's not your responsibility to watch out for him. And isn't it illegal? So is J-walking, or tackling some guy that stealing some else's bike. If  a guy breaks into your home, and hurts himself in your home, he can sue you! What's good and what's right is not always what's popular. That dime could save them 60 to 500 bucks.There are thousands of smaller things you can do. Things that are simple, and wont put your safety in danger. Things like putting a dime in someones meter. It takes no time at all, and it makes you FEEL GOOD! If you don't believe me do something good for someone and especially if that someone is a total stranger. I want to make it clear that I/we are not about vigilante justice! Anger creates anger. Violence makes violence. That is not a cure. That is a quick fix. If you want to solve the problem find the source.
    Walking past a homeless person that is asking for change, and saying "Get a job" isn't going to fix anything. Giving him change is a quick fix, and will only encourage this decay. Helping the person find a job just may do it, if the person is able to follow through. You could help to find a halfway house, living situation, what ever. TONS of things you could do. If you think you don't have enough time, your probably wrong. If you have too much apathy to care about some annoying smelly bum, then YOU are THE PROBLEM!

 Every one wants someone to fix a broken world. A world that has been calling for a super hero since long long ago. I am trying to make a ripple of good, just praying that enough people get on this wave and ride it into a tsunami. What are you doing with your life? Can you put down the XboX long enough to look at the sh17 hole this world has become? Plant some flowers in that sh17, and breath some FRESH AIR!

Part 3
A Hero's Code of Honor
1. Never lie, cheat, or steal.
2. Always look for what good you can do.
3. If the tactics be non aggressive stop all scumbags.
4. Compassion is mightier than anger.
5. Be a positive role model. Remember kids pick up what they see.
6. And always remember to PROTECT YOUR IDENTITY!

© 2011 Rose Downing


Author's Note

Rose Downing
Ignore spelling
My portfolio can be found at asadowning.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on February 8, 2008
Last Updated on January 18, 2011

Author

Rose Downing
Rose Downing

The Road, OR



About
I've been traveling all my life throughout the pacific north west. I grew up mainly in cities, country ranches, country bars, cemeteries, and the burbs. I'm also fun at parties. I've won 1st place in .. more..

Writing