Unrequited poem

Unrequited poem

A Poem by Rose Downing
"

The poem that got away... :(

"

I wanted to write you a poem
It was going to tell you how I feel about you and why it's such a pain for me.
I wanted similes to ring out how I fell in love the moment I met you. I wanted metaphors to express how much my passion wants to explode at the sounds of your name.
I wanted a testament in tetrameter. A statement in soliloquy, I wanted to write you a poem.One where I say, even if the law says 19 is just fine, I'm still having some age issues. Your young, impressionable. The world of opportunities is at your door step, and I.... well.
I'm a small time pornographer whom plays with puppets and acts in s****y B movies.  But still I wanted - I needed- to write you a poem.
I care about you more than myself. So much that I would abstain from you, keeping you free from the tangles of problems I have in my life. I adore you so much that I'd be proud to be considered by you, honored even if you turned me down. And If I'm not together enough to put that into words, how am I worthy of you? If I'm not forward enough to tell you how I feel, how can I be man enough for you?
I know your far from innocent with the life you've had, and far from being dumb. You're sharp enough to know how I feel without me writing you a single word, but god damn it, I needed, I HAD TO write you a poem. Maybe by now you've even guessed that these words weren't just for you.
I had to make a map of my feeling.
It's easier to find your way out, when you can clearly see where you stand.

© 2011 Rose Downing


Author's Note

Rose Downing
I have a kind of dyslexia called disgraphia. In other words, if you have any comments about spelling, keep them to your self. I'm only interested in hearing comments about the piece as a creative piece.
My portfolio can be found at asadowning.com

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

224 Views
Added on June 1, 2009
Last Updated on January 18, 2011
Tags: love, loss, poem

Author

Rose Downing
Rose Downing

The Road, OR



About
I've been traveling all my life throughout the pacific north west. I grew up mainly in cities, country ranches, country bars, cemeteries, and the burbs. I'm also fun at parties. I've won 1st place in .. more..

Writing