The Comeback of Grunge music.

The Comeback of Grunge music.

A Story by Olivia Rose
"

This is my first article. I know its under story type but they didn't have the right option to put. This is about how grunge is currently on the rise. Please let me know what you think!

"

The Comeback of

GRUNGE

 

Nirvana. That’s what you’re all expecting this article to be based on, isn’t it?

Well, in many ways, yes. You would be right in assuming that, seeing as Nirvana were truly the pillars in the rise of grunge music.

But what I truly want to be writing about is how in recent years, people have been rediscovering, or in the case of many teenagers, discovering, the intoxicating music genre that is grunge.

 

Over the past couple of years, more and more new, fresh bands have been appearing on the notorious English music scene.

We have seen the likes of Bring me the Horizon, Arctic Monkeys, and Lower than Atlantis (Who I can proudly say hail from my native Winchester!), rapidly make it big.

And with You me at Six recently playing phenomenally at Wembley, our beautifully varied display of relatively new musicians have certainly caught the attention of the world’s alternative, punky, and downright cool inhabitants.

 

Ok, so some of the bands I have listed may not quite fit into “grunge”, but to be honest, I hate boxing bands (and my music taste) up into a certain genre.

But it really has caught my attention how big radio stations have taken a large chunk of awful, auto-tuned pop “music” out of their shows, and replaced it with more upcoming alternative music.

I no longer cringe at the prospect of turning on the car radio, and actually look forward to listening to certain shows.

 

Overall, I just hope that this, (in my opinion), miraculous change will encourage more people to explore the amazingly varied and large expanse of music that there is out there, instead of allowing society to herd them towards the, quite frankly, boring and repetitive top 40.

 

There really are so many life changing songs everywhere.

All you have to do is look for them.

 

 

Olivia Rose.

© 2013 Olivia Rose


Author's Note

Olivia Rose
How can I improve my writing style? This is my first proper, independant piece of work so you opinion is really important to me!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

193 Views
Added on January 7, 2013
Last Updated on January 7, 2013
Tags: Music, rock, grunge, music journalism

Author

Olivia Rose
Olivia Rose

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm 14, and really interested in music journalism, particularly rock music. I jus really want to share my writing with the world and gain some feedback! more..

Writing