Fight For Me

Fight For Me

A Story by Soul Sista
"

Danielle has been let down by everyone in her life. She's promised herself never to give in to love. And then comes Sam. All he wants to do is love her. But will she let him?

"
Danielle

For the hundredth time today, I heard the bell chime as a customer entered the cafe. Like all the times it chimed I looked up to see who the customer was and what booth he or she would be sitting.

If they sat in Bridge's corner, I'd have to leave my post and cover for her while having Ben cover for me.

Is your head hurting yet? Don't over think it.

Bridge, Ben and I are family. We were all we had. Well Bridge had a boyfriend. Which she always found a way to suck face with whatever might be happening. Infact I'm sure they were doing just that now. While I had to cover for her a*s. First anniversary my butt. She owes me one big time. Ben also had his string of booty calls but they were strictly no strings attached. Me, a lone ranger. I do better for myself alone. Plus trying to get a booty call is hard enough talk more of a boyfriend. Not my thing.

I look towards Bridge's corner and see two guys sitting there.

S**t! When did that happen?

I signal Ben and grab two menus walking towards the table. I hope Paul, our manager didn't come out anytime soon. He's been fishing for a reason to fire Bridge and she's not exactly the model employee

I reach the table, putting on my friendliest face as I address them. I have been told I look at people like I want to smack then to pieces sometimes. Well I do want to smack them to pieces sometimes.

"How may I be of help to you today"

I even threw in a smile. But as the saying goes 'A******s will always be a******s'. The idiot spoke. Well one of the idiots.

"You can always start by bending that booty over"

He put in as much sexuall innuendo as he could muster. He probably wouldn't have any left by the time this meal was over at the rate he was going.

Do I look like I'm interested in that.

See I didn't blame him. More than half of the people in this place right now came because they felt sex was a side menu. And more than half of the wait staff here gave it. Ben claimed it was like getting paid to do what you loved the most. Since I didn't get that I didn't judge. I just made sure I specified that I wasn't on the menu. And it's been easy to put off come ons. Who am I kidding. I rarely get them and when I do, well. . .

So I just raised my eyebrow and answered

"Not on this menu."

He took that as an opening.

"Oh so you would bend over for me just not now?"

"How about you and I bail on this joint and look for happy ever after" He continued

God this guy is pathetic. Did girls actually fall for that s**t?

I ignore him and continued

"How about I bring you guys some burgers with fries and soda. The special today is chicken. Now do you want medium or large?"

Again he saw an opening.

"Babe, nothing about me is medium."

I was getting tired of the conversation. Whatever there was of it. I was just going to say that to him when the other guy spoke up

"Dude shut the f**k up. You're digging yourself a hole."

Smart chap

That was all he said. Nothing special. Not necessarily helping me. Not even helping me. But I felt it. I felt his voice. For some reason it resonated in my head. And I jerked towards him. I needed to see him. 

I was not disappointed.

He had the face of an angel. No. Not handsome like those actors on screen. No more like a warrior with evidence of the fights he's had and most likely won. There were cuts and edges to his face that gave him that mysterious air. He's eyes were clear brown. Almost transparent but not in the way that you could see through them but like they could see through you.

He blinked and I saw he's lips move. Damn they were perfect. I could eat them. I could go all day without food as long as I had his lip to munch on whenever I felt like. I saw his lips move again. He was saying something again.

Was he talking to me?

Damn! F**k. I tried to bring myself back to earth.

"Wh-wh-what?" I said stammering and trying to find my voice.

He had an annoyed look on his face. But at least he opened those precious lips again.

"I said you were staring. It's rude." 
He answered irritation lacing his voice

That snapped me out of my daydreaming and back to my normal self. Oh he will see rude.

"So your idiot of a friend can be sexually inappropriate even bordering on the edge of harassment to me but I look at you for like what, two seconds and I'm rude?"

I was full on b***h mode now.

"F**k you pretty face. Your burger is on its way. Check for maggots."

With that I turned around and walked back- more like stomped- to the kitchen. I dropped the ticket for Chef and asked Antonio to drop it off when the meal was done.

I told Jeff, the other bartender to hold down the fort I was taking a break with a bottle of tequila.

I might have just found the love of my life. Well Good thing he's making everything easier for me. I never want to have anything to do with him.

________________________________________________________________________________

© 2015 Soul Sista


Author's Note

Soul Sista
A/N Hi, Thank you for reading my story. Kindly comment on any mistake I might I've made.

Please do it with love. I just might have to channel Danielle.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on November 10, 2015
Last Updated on November 10, 2015
Tags: #romance, #emotional, #fiction, #newwriter

Author

Soul Sista
Soul Sista

Lagos, Nigeria



About
I see the world from the eyes of my paper and ink. Can I change the world? Maybe not. But how will I know if I never try? more..

Writing