What is life?

What is life?

A Poem by Tiffany M. Sinclair
"

Life and death

"
Life, I look, I see there a man and his wife smiling with joy, preparing to be parents. Those precious moments.

I look around me and see the life of a baby, born  into the world, such a precious sight to mine eyes. The wonder of a baby, clinging to her mother for safety and the father holding to his wife and child. Oh that precious moment, captured in time.

You look and see a baby looking around wide eyed, stretching those tiny fingers and toes. Its amazing to think and realize they will grow from that tiny form and will become something so much more. 

That child that takes his/her first steps in life, the family watching with great joy and love, urging and cheering the child on. The child does not give up, even falling but rising again until they reach that goal of making it to their parent. That is a beautiful thing in life to see.

I look and see a small child running to his father smiling and laughing, what joy it brings to my soul to see the father and the son filled with such joyful life.

As I look around and see the beautiful smiles around me, playing and laughing, what happiness it brings to me, bringing my soul to life. 

I realize as I age and then look and see a child, I see how much I have grown, I will never be that child that I was, I will never be that youth again, in life you grow but you can never go back to that period in life when you were a child.

I look and see a older couple and their grandchildren, showing their affections to their grandchildren, spoiling them, making them the happiest child in that moment.

I walk and there I see a youth siting at his grandmothers grave, placing a rose on her headstone. I realize  in that moment that Life is special, and all so soon it can be taken away, never fail to cherish the moments in life.

As the rain falls I look out into the dark clouds feeling the pain of the loss of a person I knew, cherished and loved, the rain falling on my soul, feeling as if the heavens are crying for my loss and pain. 

And then there as I am lost in my thoughts, I realize there is another soul being given life to this world to replace the lives that have been lost. And so the circle of life is complete, and it is beautiful. Such a wonderful gift, God has given.

© 2016 Tiffany M. Sinclair


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
Added on July 31, 2013
Last Updated on May 24, 2016
Tags: Life, moments, growing, loss, gift, love

Author

Tiffany M. Sinclair
Tiffany M. Sinclair

Atlanta, GA



About
Photographer, gamer, love to cook, animal lover, love nature, writer and I love entertaining. more..

Writing