Pressure.

Pressure.

A Poem by Patricia(:

Pressure.
I feel pressured when I'm around you.
I don't know why, because your one of the people I can be myself the most around. But I feel so pressured..

I feel like I have to do things I don't want to, I'm under so much pressure.

I'm especially pressured now that we've kissed. I feel so nervous, that you want me to do more.. I'm sorry but I've never made out with anyone before..
I'm under so much pressure, I really don't want to.. Maybe one day, but not a day to soon..

Now that we've kissed, I feel extremely pressured, more then ever..
We were almost there, on the verge of making out.. Yet I got to nervous, specially when I felt your tongue trying to enter my mouth..

I pulled away more nervous then ever, I can't do this, I'm sorry, I'm just under to much pressure.

Now that we've kissed, you want to do it again.. There's no more simple sweet kisses. Your always trying to relive that moment.. I'm sorry, but it's not going to happen. Specially not in public, just please understand. I'm more nervous then I should be. I'm a very anxious person. I worry over things I shouldn't, the simplest, stupidest things.. And this is one of them.. I'm under to much pressure to try it again..

You can leave me if you want, I don't mind. I wouldn't be surprised, go a head, the doors wide open. It's your choice, stay if you want. But I can tell you one thing.. I'm under to much pressure to do something like that again. Maybe in the future, I can't promise it's to soon. I like keeping things simple..

I'm a very loving person, but not when it comes intimate things,that's one that makes me quiver at the thought.. I'm sorry, but the pressure is getting to me.

You've told me a story about this summer, not to long ago. How you've almost had sex with a girl.. Knowing this fact makes me undergo more pressure.. Because it'll take me forever just to do something more, and that girl, she almost gave you her world..

I can give you my world, but not like her.. That's the world guys look for, but I'm sorry.. I can't be like her. That's to much pressure.

So I hope you understand the pressure I'm feeling, because I just can't do it.. It's stupid I know, but this pressure is going to my head.. I'm so afraid, so scared, of not being good enough.. What if I make the wrong move? What if I'm nothing compared to the night you almost had with that girl..?

Pressure, it's just to much pressure and fear.

© 2011 Patricia(:


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really liked it :) I feel the same way and I have been left before for this reason, so I know what that pressure feels like. Thanks for writing this!

The repetition and bolding of the word "pressure" is almost like a chant - when you're reading it, every time you read "pressure" it's like a beat, setting a rhythm. Nice :)

One thing you should watch is your homophones. Throughout the poem you use the wrong ones, such as "to" where there should be "too" and "your" when it should it "you're". I also think you could change "specially" to "especially", it keeps it cleaner and not as slang-y.

Once again, great job on this! Not in typical poem form, but it's got something unique that makes you want to re-read it. Continue writing! Bye now :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really liked it :) I feel the same way and I have been left before for this reason, so I know what that pressure feels like. Thanks for writing this!

The repetition and bolding of the word "pressure" is almost like a chant - when you're reading it, every time you read "pressure" it's like a beat, setting a rhythm. Nice :)

One thing you should watch is your homophones. Throughout the poem you use the wrong ones, such as "to" where there should be "too" and "your" when it should it "you're". I also think you could change "specially" to "especially", it keeps it cleaner and not as slang-y.

Once again, great job on this! Not in typical poem form, but it's got something unique that makes you want to re-read it. Continue writing! Bye now :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This honest write is a good way to let out your emotions. I think you did the right thing by being honest to yourself instead of going with it. It was a scary situation. Being different, being unlike most girls is hard to do. You deal with Pressure, all the time. I'm really thankful you wrote this. I like knowing that it's not always just me out there in th world.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the repetition. You can really feel what you're feeling as you read it. And don't do anything that you're not ready for. If that's all he wants, then you should talk to him about it. It's not good for your anxiety to be running high like that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 1, 2011
Last Updated on February 1, 2011

Author

Patricia(:
Patricia(:

About
I'm basically just here to write what I feel when I feel it. Never on, but when I am, it's not long. Hope none of you hate me for that, but if you do. Hey, it's not like it's anything new. Also, sorry.. more..

Writing
tgegewg tgegewg

A Poem by Patricia(: