Blue and Wild

Blue and Wild

A Chapter by RunsWithCats

R

unning her hands through her hair one final time, she smoothed down the front of her little black dress and headed out the door into a new night of exploring the dangerous side of life. When the elevator doors opened into the lobby of her apartment building, her eyes landed on the man of the hour silhouetted against the glass double doors of the entrance. He had a tall frame, broad shoulders filling out the fabric of his fitted suit jacket that he had layered over a crisp white dress shirt, the top two buttons undone, no tie. Standing, feet apart, arms clasped behind his back, his smoldering blue eyes locked on her as she approached.

             “Miss Abigail Katz, I must say, your friends do you no justice,” the man said in a rich, low voice, extending his hand to her. She placed her hand in his; he slowly brought it to his mouth, placing his full, velvety lips to her skin, his eyes burning into hers.

             “Well, Mr. Nicholas Grant, I am flattered to finally meet your acquaintance,” Abigail purred as a slight shiver slid up her spine at his touch. A smirk tempted the corner of his mouth, and Abigail felt a wave of heat flush her neck at his bold demeanor.

             “Not as flattered as I am,” Nicholas breathes into the delicate skin of her hand before he releases her, extending his arm toward her instead. She accepts it, feeling the firm muscle that she had imagined would be hiding under his jacket and that she had imagined looking incredibly sexy without it, white shirt sleeves rolled up his forearms, dress pants hugging him in all of the right places. “Are we ready to head out, cara?”

             “Yes, let’s,” Abigail smiles silkily up at him. The look in his eyes blazes again, and she loves the effect it has on her. Shaking his head with that hint of a smirk, Nicholas holds the door for her as they walk out into the city street. A black Maserati parked in front of the building comes to life as Nicholas pushes a button on his key and the lights flick on. He again holds the door for her as she gets in, pulling her legs, accented by four inch black heels with a strap that delicately encompassed her ankle, in last allowing her companion a teasing look before he shut the door.

             “Madam, I must say, you are making it quite difficult to focus on the respectability of this evening,” Nicholas laughed in an exasperated sort of way as he slid into the driver’s side.

             “We could always skip dinner and start on dessert,” Abigail replied, masking the giggle she felt with the direction of this banter. She almost laughed aloud at the strained look he gave her as he tried to decide how serious she actually was. His smirk came back, though, and he pulled the car onto the road. Shooting her a dazzling smile, a sexy glint in his eye, he said, “Good things come to those who wait.”



© 2016 RunsWithCats


Author's Note

RunsWithCats
Just a new idea. Let me know what you think. (:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
Added on April 25, 2016
Last Updated on April 25, 2016
Tags: mystery, romance, passion, dark, handsome, games, flirtatious


Author

RunsWithCats
RunsWithCats

About
Love reading and writing! Don't write much on here anymore, but enjoy browsing the different books. xP more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by RunsWithCats