A Mild Inconvenience

A Mild Inconvenience

A Story by Operation: UGAWTS
"

Very Short Story inspired by Emily's Twitter post.

"

The fool thought this rocky path would stop my pursuit. With her dark curls dancing wildly in the wind, she looked down at me. A smile popped onto her chapped mouth. Carelessly she brushed the sweat off her brow and turned to disappear out of sight.


I examined the rocks like a feral cat planning her jump. The beautiful creatures may reach the summit with a single bound, yet I, a mere mortal human tied to this earth, had to make a cruder ascent. Blessed with light feet, I hopped from rock to rock, adjusting my weight to balance on my toes.


Oh how I wish someone was around to witness my dance. A smile grew on my lips as I jumped, dared to twirl, and hit every landing with the precision of a trained Olympian gymnast. At the top, I threw my hands in the air and bowed to my imaginary audience. Silly me. I chuckled. I was in the middle of a hunt.
---ImageImage credits to Emily.
Emily chooses very fun and/or beautiful imagery that elicits several responses from those in the writing community. I may not always participate with my own entry, but I enjoy the creativity found in her thread! Link to the thread for your perusal: May 05, 2021 #WorkshopWednesday thread.

© 2021 Operation: UGAWTS


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on May 12, 2021
Last Updated on May 12, 2021
Tags: vss, very short story, pursuit, action, suspense

Author

Operation: UGAWTS
Operation: UGAWTS

About
Operation UGAWTS is a project to use games, art, and writing to tell stories. This is the writing part of the project. Please see website for the other branches of the project. more..

Writing