A Walk to Remember

A Walk to Remember

A Poem by ♥Dancing giraffe♥

He was there, waiting for her like he always did.

She in a white dress; glowing, radiant.

He in a black suit, tender eyes, smiling that smile he saved just for her.

In her eyes he was as handsome as ever, strong and real.

Those precious memories she kept just for this moment came back; Them as teenagers, meeting for the first time.

Shy at first, but then growing to be more.

Holding hands.

Their first date.

Their first kiss.

How he teased her and let her tease back, just being together brought them together.

She loved him.

He was someone who gave her courage, her hopes, her dreams.

He was watching her now, as she walked the distance that felt so far away, and at the same time, so close.

To him, she was unreal, pure; just beautiful.

Graceful, in the way she walked to him, to come to take his side, just as he will remain by her side.

It took all his courage to ask her, after how many times this very moment was thought, this precious piece of time.

Pure, like a piece of fabricated music, flowing perfectly.

Nothing could compare.

He couldn’t take his eyes off her.

He smiled to her now, remembering how many times she thought of herself as imperfect, how she hated her flaws.

He couldn’t see that, but he loved her flaws, loved her imperfections.

To him she was perfect.

His girl, and now, his spouse.

He held his hand for her.

And she took it. 

© 2010 ♥Dancing giraffe♥


Author's Note

♥Dancing giraffe♥
I couldn't get the idea of a wedding out of my head, or how people felt about each other during that exact moment. Then (With the full intention to ignore my history teacher) i began to write this. i thought it was cute. ^^

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful! You captured a feeling perfectly.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think it's far more than cute; it's incredible! You've captured the Big Day feeling in absolute!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well I believe you were successful in ignoring your history teacher xD Excellent write. The emotion sseemed so real in this poem. You did a great job in capturing that. Keep up the good work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! This is unbelievably close to reality. I really love how the writing flows and the feeling developed. Really enjoyed reading this poem.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Gorgeous. one of my favorites. i was kinda distracted halfway through by people yelling and it still kept its peaceful beauty!

Posted 13 Years Ago


i like this write, thought it was cool and pretty neat.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

439 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on October 19, 2010

Author

♥Dancing giraffe♥
♥Dancing giraffe♥

Wonderland^^



About
Name; Just say it’s Joelle. (~ since it's my middle name and i dislike my first~) Some things about me; I have horrible social skills :( I love reading, writing, and painting ~ it&rsquo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..