Hold

Hold

A Poem by Gracie Is Pregnant
"

A blurb about one of the mysteries of life...can you guess what it is?

"

He sits, staring blankly at the tray table seven inches from his face. He leans his head ever so slightly to the right, then ever so slightly to the left, watching the black line jump the sides of his nose. He has watched it every day of his life, always taking it for granted, never questioning its presence. But it is here, on his hands, his pants, his shirt, his nose. It is everywhere, a defining edge, showing the ending of one yet the beginning of another. It changes from points of view, disappearing in your vision while still existing in your friend’s. It is there but cannot be touched, cannot be felt by the ones that wear it. And everybody does. Every single visible thing has at least one black line, living or dead, big or small, animated or stationary " all do. Yet no one notices. It is such a common thing that no one cares. It exists; it must have a function. But it cannot be felt, cannot be touched, so how can it be tested? How will its existence ever be proven worthy?

 

Maybe without it everything will just fall apart.

© 2015 Gracie Is Pregnant


Author's Note

Gracie Is Pregnant
Can you guess what this is about?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

this signifies that i have not yet understood the game of life....i didn't get it...so sad.........please tell me this mystery..........i should say this is the great work i have ever read..leaving the reader to find an answer to something related with life.........

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your piece is interesting. It would be easier to read with a little larger font. Also, you start with 'He' and then after a while change to 'your'. The 'it' in your puzzle can apparently be seen, but not touched or felt. Maybe it's light that creates a shadow line on everything it touches.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 8, 2012
Last Updated on March 11, 2015
Tags: mystery, do, it, yourself, hold, l, death, note, riddle

Author

Gracie Is Pregnant
Gracie Is Pregnant

About
I will proofread almost anything for you - just ask. more..

Writing