Self Aware

Self Aware

A Story by Paul McCall
"

Essay

"

Since the beginning of time, for their protection people have formed tribes. The larger the tribe, the higher the sense of protection. Some people will kill and harm other people for reasons that we cannot comprehend or for no real reason at all. How you spend your life is the biggest responsibility you must contend with. You are the main practitioner for your own health and happiness. How you deal with obstacles during your life time will mold who you will be. Drugs, alcohol, politics and religion are designed to destroy a person’s power of reason and choice.  The gift of common sense along with knowledge of right and wrong are strong weapons in your arsenal to keep you aware of imminent predators. Everything in the world today is working to control you by attempting to steer you down the road of their agenda. To protect yourself you must resist these influences by using your power to reason and understanding.

© 2018 Paul McCall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

There is truth and wisdom in this. With all the hating that's been going on, I've come to ponder this tribe thing quite a lot. Maybe because I'm a life-long square peg, but groups, teams and tribes have never made any sense to me. This is an excellent paragraph you write.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Paul McCall

5 Years Ago

Thank you Sam, it's good to hear from you again old friend.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2018
Last Updated on March 29, 2018

Author

Paul McCall
Paul McCall

Gloucester, VA



About
I enjoy writing short story's. I have a web site, www.paulmccallart.com Thank you for visiting. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Paul McCall