WHAT THE ...

WHAT THE ...

A Story by Paul McCall
"

Just a thought.

"

Ever ask yourself, why am I here?


I do, I’m curious, why am I here, what good does my existence have? There never seemed to be any particular purpose for my life. I’ve been here for seventy years but, for what? I’m rarely happy, and apart from serving my country, I have no accomplishments of which I’m particularly proud.


Of all the people that I know, only one seems to seriously care about me and how I feel, I can’t understand what it is that appears to make me so insignificant.


Maybe I’m screwed up in the head? something I could understand if I felt it true. We all have our little, tug of war, in our lives but that shouldn’t occur practically every day.


I’m certain if I died, what would happen would be the search of my belongings for anything I may have had of value and the discarding of all I held dear in my lifetime. A few years would go by and the memory of me and my life would fade quicker than smoke from a dowsed camp fire.


Yeah, that does bothers me, my entire life all I did was give thus, why I have so little now.


The closer I get to the end of my life the stronger this story becomes so, yeah, this bothers me.


So, how’s your day?

© 2019 Paul McCall


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A very heartfelt and confronting issue, direct and written with thought and emotion. And your writting will forever live on in the minds of your readers. The world is unfair and cruel and thoughts of inadequacy always plague us, but you are far from that, you may not have had your individuality when you served but your deeds will never be forgotten and your stories will carry on. Thank you for sharing this piece I have gained a lot out of it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

After losing what was my very best and dearest friend suddenly in May, I have come to question my existence without him in my life, many times. We all need a "go to", someone who's there whenever we need a lifeline, and he was mine. I've often wondered what will happen to all I have written, which I have copies of in a notebook by my desk. I don't believe you are as alone as you feel, and I would hope that your presence here at the Cafe will be a reflection of that - in time. Perhaps you should consider adopting a senior dog from a local shelter. There are many pets that need a home and someone to love. Give it some thought, and keep writing. I promise to keep reading!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Paul McCall

4 Years Ago

Thank you, Kelly, everything I do is somehow a branch of my life, reaching out grasping in the air f.. read more
A very heartfelt and confronting issue, direct and written with thought and emotion. And your writting will forever live on in the minds of your readers. The world is unfair and cruel and thoughts of inadequacy always plague us, but you are far from that, you may not have had your individuality when you served but your deeds will never be forgotten and your stories will carry on. Thank you for sharing this piece I have gained a lot out of it.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 22, 2019
Last Updated on April 22, 2019

Author

Paul McCall
Paul McCall

Gloucester, VA



About
I enjoy writing short story's. I have a web site, www.paulmccallart.com Thank you for visiting. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Paul McCall





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114