HER

HER

A Story by Paul McCall
"

Just a clip based on my past.

"

HER

Paul J. McCall

4/23/2019

 

See her, as she reads her book, the girl unaware I exist.  I once caught her watching me, she turned the moment I noticed. I was never to relive that moment, though I could never stop watching her.


I was new to the school, only two months before we had moved to this town from only twenty miles away. We were then staying with my grandmother.


Never had I seen such a beautiful girl, shoulder long hair, very black, fair complexion and large dark brown eyes that seemed to have a hint of Asian DNA in them.


The one guy who befriended me in the school told me her name was, Elaina Ray. My awkward ways made me repelling to most the other students. The bullies were quick to notice me and worked on making it hard for me to focus on my studies.


I was good at drawing and in 1962 the best I could do was make quick sketches of Elaina having no way of getting her photo.  

Eventually I had to leave the school because some of my teachers turned out to be bullies as well. My parents had been divorced for three years.


I ended up moving thirty miles away to live with my father. He was still living in the home I had known all my life and my return to the school there was easy for me. I had many friends who were happy to see me back. I lost track of Elaina and in 1965 I joined the Marine Corps.


There is more to the story, if you would like to know more, let me know, and I will continue.

Thanks for reading my little snippet.

Paul

© 2019 Paul McCall


Author's Note

Paul McCall
Just a small clip.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I don't usually favor stories over poetry, but I really liked your opening line. Yes, I would be delighted to read more!

Posted 4 Years Ago


Paul McCall

4 Years Ago

Would like to thank you and let you know that I am working on expanding the story. I hope to post mo.. read more
Kelly Scheppers

4 Years Ago

I'll be waiting...
Paul McCall

4 Years Ago

Thank you very much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on April 23, 2019
Last Updated on July 30, 2019

Author

Paul McCall
Paul McCall

Gloucester, VA



About
I enjoy writing short story's. I have a web site, www.paulmccallart.com Thank you for visiting. more..

Writing
Life Life

A Poem by Paul McCall