rhapsodical Autumn pleasures

rhapsodical Autumn pleasures

A Poem by 1VJ
"

...

"

Savoring sun's glow at the nape of my neck,

whilst gingered leaves are dancing willy-nilly

'tween harmonious Autumn breezes improvising 

 midmost hazily whispering sunset horizons

 dreamily drifting further away,


in this moment inspiration pensively sojourns

   amongst impulsively rhapsodical pleasures





© 2016 1VJ


Author's Note

1VJ

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"gingered leaves are dancing willy-nilly" this hits the brightest picture of autumn at the start of the poem.. I really love the imageries you have brought here, and I can feel the soft touches of autumn breeze passing by me... Lovely use of words to, we'll chosen and they makes the most clear imageries...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm so delighted you liked that line Dhiman! Thanks so much for your thoughts.



Reviews

Your words remind me of someone I wish was still here. I ache for her to return. Awesome poetry. Your words are unique and musical. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


beautiful colors here Paloma.... reminds me of the scenery going up route 81 in Pa between Hazelton and Scranton... besides any poem that uses "willy nilly" in it is a-ok with me.... lol

there really is a rhapsody playing when autumn breezes taunt multi-colored leaves...

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm not familiar with that route, best spot is Kancamagus Highway in New Hampshire, Central Park isn.. read more
1VJ

7 Years Ago

Willy nilly silly goose, I forgot to say thank you very much. :)
Autumn seems to litter mind with gentle romanticism.Your articulation is equisite and effortlessly seductive. Sigh...lovely. Rach xo

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much for your attentive reviews Rach.
I love the beautiful colours of fall but it's never been my favorite season due to the fact that all the beauty is so short lived (at least where I'm from) you captured it so creatively here though - makes me wish it would linger a bit longer :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

You live at the beach? That's not too shabby either, I'll take that to falling leaves any day. :)read more
FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Autumn is my favorite season; the sensory overload and it is also the time where creativity is enhanced. Artists, writers, and musicians have claimed that fall is inspirational. The GIF leaves gave a calming effect and perhaps even playful. It brought a smile to myself because I become so restless that I forget the beauty that is outdoors for I tend to sleep all day and awake all night.

CONTENT AND FORMAT

First impressions were rather accurate since the speaker mentions "inspiration" from the imagery of autumn. The font signifies the brilliant foliage so the audience feels the words from the screen. I adore the description of "impulse" and "pleasures." I envision college students scurrying into a bookstore with pumpkin spice coffee, talking about their interests in literature and the arts as they begin the semester. It is euphoric to have something become anew. I only wish that autumn was longer because I often dread winter.

CLOSING THOUGHTS

The playful nature lends itself to innocence; it is a relief to remember our inner child. Thank you for sharing!

sincerely,
ria



Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Wow, I'm impressed by your critique, thanks so much for taking the time, thrilled you enjoyed!
Vria P Crow

7 Years Ago

You are quite welcome! I enjoyed it and take the time to offer a critique for everyone. It is stre.. read more
What a wonderful dissection of an autumn moment. Your lines how this melodious tone to them which gives it this almost magical sound :). Your descriptions are impeccable, providing us with vivid images dancing in front of our eyes. It's during these little moments in life that inspiration tends to strike, doesn't it? Lovely piece.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm charmed by your review, thanks so much Alice. :)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
Your imagery is bursting with the majesty of autumn brilliance. Quite beautiful :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
1VJ

7 Years Ago

Your response is poetic! Thank you Lynn. :)
I just come over in a nice warm autumnal glow, thanks Paloma............All Good Things, N

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Nice to know, thanks Neville.
inspiration seems to fall in autumn in abundance, much like the leaves we walk through during a wispy october afternoon...as the trees shed their clothing.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thanks Jacob. Fall is poetically invigorating.
"gingered leaves are dancing willy-nilly" this hits the brightest picture of autumn at the start of the poem.. I really love the imageries you have brought here, and I can feel the soft touches of autumn breeze passing by me... Lovely use of words to, we'll chosen and they makes the most clear imageries...

Sincerely
Dhiman

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm so delighted you liked that line Dhiman! Thanks so much for your thoughts.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1003 Views
15 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2016
Last Updated on October 1, 2016
Tags: Autumn, leaves, harmonious, dancing, dreaming

Author

1VJ
1VJ

Trivandrum, NY, India



About
Another speck of carbon, this one. Sentient and sagacious, yet affable. Advocate of Fantasy and Gaming, this one. Artistic and pugnacious, yet subtle. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


1. Orgasm 1. Orgasm

A Chapter by Papaya