Systematically Contrived Creations

Systematically Contrived Creations

A Poem by 1VJ
"

tick, tick, tick

"


The universe is immeasurable,
  we are merely infinitesimal
     machinery keeping pace,
as churning cogs tick wildly 
  transmitting within allotted time, 
attempting heartbeats' cohesion
  clocking our own honed destinations

   mid persistence of recherché memoirs,


  accumulating illusions betwixt masses


    awaiting return as a speck of dust


      in the never-ending saga of
          
inexhaustible collectives 'tween
        
systematically creative contrivances




© 2016 1VJ


Author's Note

1VJ
Art - Salvador Dali

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well, I think this is the part where I go nuts about how much I absolutely adore this piece. Seriously, I'm somebody who tends to use really obscure and archaic words, but even I'm very impressed by this magnificent display of vocabulary! I love the way you describe the aesthetics of our existence, and also feel that the style you've delivered this piece in really captures the atmosphere you wanted to convey. Amazing work. I'm rather stunned by this! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm gobsmacked myself! Wow, rather speechless at the moment. :) Many thanks!



Reviews

I liked the logical and true words. I wondered often. If my life worth a penny to the movement of life? I believe each of us have reason and purpose to be alive. Thank you Paloma for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Many many pennies I'm sure Coyote, I think that's something we all ponder, thanks for your thoughts... read more
Coyote Poetry

7 Years Ago

You are welcome Paloma.
recherché - absolutely LOVE that word! It is the exotic and the obscure that makes poetry special....no contrivances allowed! :) Wonderful write. Lydi**

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

So do I, been wanting to use it for a while, thanks so much Lydi! And I concur. :)
it is indeed interesting looking at clocks, the universe, our lives while looking at a Dali-esque work of art.. his vision is one of surreal imagination and I think you have captured this same unique vision with your words here Paloma... we are after all, everything, matter in motion and constant change or as some would say.. star stuff!!! star stuff which has evolved into conscious human beings.. wonderful and in many just as surreal as a Dali painting...

I might add this though: systematically??? yes there are systems and the way things work as they come into being into existence... but if seen in another light may also seem like systematically could read as designed or foretold, predetermined.... had to happen, when isn't it more true to see that there are endless possibilities and out comes even within the very fabric of what currently exists?? or has existed... history is what it is but at any point within a history a different outcome could have occurred...

anyway, I love this poem cause it gives rise to good art and to seeking out different thoughts and pathways and even going to places where on first reading you did not envision... folding clocks and folding words tend to allow such travels... thank you for this Paloma...

in the future I will try to say what I mean using less words... but I happen to appreciate your poem...

redzone

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

Wow, I'm overwhelmed by your response, thanks for taking the time.

Of course you cou.. read more
Well when you put it like that - wow! What is this crazy thing called life really for? You have created quite the masterpiece with this one Paloma :) love the artwork you chose for this :) so well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm flattered, thank you so much Carolynn! :)
Hello, Paloma! :)
Hu?... I'll interpret this as something to do with situations. Haha. I'm not good at this.
I like the painting. I went to a Dali museum a long time ago. He's one of my favorites.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Matt, feel free to interpret my poetry any way you desire. :)
you certainly have the pace of it, the ticking and the tocking and the face of it...a kind of arm's distance analysis, much like the Dali...astute, precise, intelligent

Posted 7 Years Ago


1VJ

7 Years Ago

You rhymed, thanks for the poetic critique, much appreciated Ed.
Well, I think this is the part where I go nuts about how much I absolutely adore this piece. Seriously, I'm somebody who tends to use really obscure and archaic words, but even I'm very impressed by this magnificent display of vocabulary! I love the way you describe the aesthetics of our existence, and also feel that the style you've delivered this piece in really captures the atmosphere you wanted to convey. Amazing work. I'm rather stunned by this! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

1VJ

7 Years Ago

I'm gobsmacked myself! Wow, rather speechless at the moment. :) Many thanks!

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1074 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on October 9, 2016
Last Updated on October 9, 2016

Author

1VJ
1VJ

Trivandrum, NY, India



About
Another speck of carbon, this one. Sentient and sagacious, yet affable. Advocate of Fantasy and Gaming, this one. Artistic and pugnacious, yet subtle. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dignity Dignity

A Poem by kitty