7. Cold

7. Cold

A Chapter by Pancae
"

--

"
'' If I was one of the trusted ones, I'd probably be p*ssed that my friend
give away his power to a stranger. '' 
Delilah's simple response stirred up something inside of Jared because even his breathing seemed to hang in the air.
'' And... What if that power was shared with another person ? '' 
Jared's voice was just a whisper and the smile was long gone from his face.
'' What ? You mean th- '' 
'' No, no... I said too much... Just, you know.. '' 
He patted the blue haired girl before walking back towards the hall. '' Ill go get us food. '' His voice echoed.

Being alone was never a problem for Delilah, but right now she felt rather 
uneasy, as if everything didn't make any sense. That's because it doesn't. She thought to herself. A power split between many, yet the main source was shared between two strangers ? Delilah continued. Ha, now that's some story. Why would that ' superhero ' give his power to two complete strangers ?! 
Delilah's thoughts continued for a few minutes, but after a while sudden cold wrapped around her and not long after that a voice followed, a voice that matched the sudden cold.
'' Haha, so it it true. The oh-so-great Delilah Enfer. '' 
The sneer was followed by a chuckle that was followed by a growing silhouette. From the voice it was clear that the sentence came from a boy. 
'' Did Gaelanda cut off your tongue or something ? '' 
He spoke again with the same cold tone, but now the voice was tied to a face.
The boy didn't look older than Delilah, maybe even 14, but he was a bit taller than her with rather long, black, messy hair that stuck out in awkward places. His eyes were an ocean blue shade, eyes that were locked on Delilah. 
'' The oh-so-great ? And who in the world is Gaelanda ? '' 
'' Hahaha, you really don't want to let others know that you do not know who she is. The name is Mike, Mike of the Ice. ''
As soon as the echo of the boy's voice was gone, he reached out his hand - palm up - and made Delilah's mouth copy an ' o ' . 
Just the way Delilah could form a golf-sized fire ball inside of her palm, the boy named Mike could form a large ice cube inside of his palm. As soon as the perfect cube was formed, the boy handed it over to Delilah but before she could react in any way Jared's voice echoed through the dimly lit space. 
'' I hope that you like cheese, it looks li- '' 
His voice cut off as soon as he saw Delilah and Mike. Then, almost like a soldier spotting an enemy, his eyes hardened and his smile was wiped off his face. 
'' Mike. '' 
Jared tone was hard, but it could pass as a greeting.
'' Oh, so he's your baby sitter. Well, I'll better be off. '' 
The black haired boy glared at Jared before handing the ice cube over to Delilah. She took it from him, but before her hand could raise to her eye so that she could examine the ice cube, it melted. 
'' So it's true. '' 
Was all that Mike said before leaving Jared and Delilah alone, taking the cold sensation with him. 
A few minutes passed before the boy's steps completely silenced, but when they did Jared's hard eyes glared at Delilah. 
'' You really need to get used to this world. He's not the kind of person to go around and befriend. Mike of the Ice. Ha, I've never seen a person so cold and so- '' 
'' Who's Gaelanda ? '' 
Delilah now flicked her eyes away from where Mike was standing, to Jared. 
'' She was one of the legendary heros that saved our planet while giving her life. She was a rather aggressive woman, but a loyal one at that. '' 
'' Oh... '' 
Delilah's voice trailed off and she didn't bother listening to Jared's rant about the black haired boy's abilities. 


© 2014 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
Added on September 21, 2013
Last Updated on January 3, 2014
Tags: book, super powers, explanation, characters


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae