Masked

Masked

A Chapter by PandaPeaceful

Drops of water poured down my body, sliding and sinking into the ground like waves of crystals. I wistfully stared at the pure whiteness ahead of me. It had been two days, and nothing. Not a word from anyone. The cooks were not talkative at all, and the boys well, let's just say they were always 'busy'. 

I stepped out of the hot shower and searched for the forgotten towel inside the cupboard. My hands rummaged through the hard surface, not finding anything but a small towel to hug my body. I dried my body slowly, watching myself in the big mirror. I wasn't perfect. Not even close to it. And even though I acted as if I didn't care, I did, and I hated myself for it.

My delicate hand turned the golden door knob, revealing complete and outright darkness. Weird. I never turned the lights off. Opening the door wider to let light in, I navigated past unknown objects, until reaching the light switch. My fingers pressed the lights back on, but nothing happened. Not even the slightest of sparks entered corners of the room. I glanced at the bathroom and found it glimmering away. Almost as if it were a candle, moving with utmost determination.

I tightened the towel around waist and began walking towards the door. My heartbeat accelerated, pushing at my chest like gunshots firing aimlessly at the sky.

I bit my lip hard, letting every ounce of fear out. I felt it. I felt the monster near me, watching me like his prey. But there was no good in him, and he knew that himself. 

I closed my eyes tightly, and waited. The thought of the sun beaming in a faraway meadow calmed my thoughts until I felt myself stiffen. 

"Grace."

Shivers touched my body instantly. My voice begged to scream but, the sahara embraced my throat. 

I didn't know how long I was standing there for. A second? A minute? An hour? After what seemed an eternity of anticipations, I finally managed to open one eye. 

Light.

Had I imagined everything? I cringed at the wet floors, and compared my exaggeration to that of a screaming girl in horror movies. I was too much. Maybe yoga would cure this idiotic behavior?

I chuckled at the idea, and walked into the spacious closet. And that, was when I realized how god forsaken crazy this was. Even the closet was a master piece. It's walls were furnished with elegant roses. A white, full length mirror adorned the end of the room, and my mouth hung low in awe. Clothes filled the beautiful area, and I wondered how on earth the owner guessed my size correctly. Who am I kidding, he probably got ten people to plainly select a bunch of these clothes. I stilled for a moment. How sure was I, that these clothes were mine? I mean, they could belong to the man's wife. 

I walked back slowly, and made sure to keep the closet door closed from now on. Opening my brown suitcase, I changed into a pair of soft sweats and a plain white tank top. My damp hair was left loose as I opened the creaking door and made a move towards the kitchen. My mouth begged for water, and I was in deep need to leave that room.

The kitchen, as everything else in the castle, was enormous. The walls were medieval yet, daringly modern. Large windows splattered the faraway ends, and I marvelled at the garden beyond. Flowers were gorgeously open and trees were raised with such great grandeur. Was I in heaven?

"Nope, you are not." Chuckles rang behind me and I quickly eyed the man. Nash.

"Look at who's finally talking to me." I said, grabbing a glass and filling it with water. 

"I'm sorry Grace. I didn't mean to leave you alone. I was just busy." Nash leaned onto the counter, his strong frame easily engulfing my body. 

"Don't worry about it. Work is suffocating. I get it." I smiled at him and made a move towards the large doors.

"Hey Grace?" Nash asked, a small grin itching his face.

"Yeah?" I turned around slowly and sent him a questioning look.

"Wanna watch a movie?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Run d****t! Run!" Nash screamed, as he moved closer to the television. His hands waving around frantically. 

"Oh s**t. I think I'm gonna puke." I bit my nails nervously, and closed an eye, awaiting the maze to close.

"Is he that slow? Come on Thomas!" Emil's gaze never faltered. His blond locks clashed up. The smallest of hairs, blocking his blue eyes. 

"He did it!" We all stood up instantly. Smiles plastered on our tired faces, we jumped in unison, like a gang, celebrating its previous conquer. 

"But let's be honest though. I'm way hotter than Thomas, or Gally for that matter," Emil's cocky voice resounded within the dark room. 

I laughed in response, and witnessed Nash's cringing glance.

"What? It's true!" The man protested like a child.

Nash stole my glance, and it soon had us tumbling to the soft floor and erupting into fits of excessive laughter. Red faced and grinning from ear to ear, we calmed down. Our faltering energy wavering into a pit of complete darkness.

"I think I'm gonna call it a night." My voice announced, as I eyed the two smirking boys. 

"I suppose the queen needs her beauty sleep." Emil responded, as his hands quickly fiddled with my hair.

"You suppose right." I stuck my tongue out, and touched the freezing door knob.

"Oh, and Grace?" Nash said, a drop of concern lacing his words.

"Huh?" My brown orbs stared at him expectantly. 

"If you ever hear something loud, don't try to leave your room. Okay?" Nash said once again, his brown moving about.

"Why?" Curiosity overpowered me, and I looked at Emil, almost expecting him to smirk or chuckle, but his face remained serious.

"We're just, renewing some parts of the building. Don't worry about it." Like the sun lowering beneath the horizon, Nash's seriousness vanished. A sincere smile coating his dark face.

"Good night, Grace."

Hope you liked it!!!

If you feel sad, here's something to cheer you up.

If you feel sad, here's something to cheer you up



© 2017 PandaPeaceful


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on December 3, 2017
Last Updated on December 3, 2017