Classic Brownies

Classic Brownies

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

They have kind of a faint smoky flavor, which is an indication of REAL brownies.

"
I HATE NUTS!! Can't stand 'em. It bugs me when all brownies have nuts in them, or other nasty stuff, so I set out on a quest for a perfect brownie recipe; just chocolate chips and brownie.
I Got It From: http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com/2009/07/how-to-make-perfect-brownies/

I’ve tried lots of brownie recipes: Boxes, scratch, frosted, plain, nuts, chips, fudge … Each of them has something to like, but depending on my mood I might want a change of pace.

Not any more. My wife found this recipe, and it’s perfect. I’m done looking. This is the brownie recipe that I’ll use from now on.


Ingredients

1½ cups sugar
¾ cup flour
¾ cup cocoa powder (see note below)
3 eggs
¾ cup butter, melted
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (see note below)

Directions

A NOTE ON CHOCOLATE: You’ll notice the list of ingredients is very short. That means the quality of the chocolate makes a huge difference. The chocolate flavor is front-and-center " not the sugar, not the richness, the chocolate. I used Ghirardelli unsweetened cocoa powder, and Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips.

The assembly is about as easy as you can get. Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa, eggs and melted butter and mix.



Do this by hand, until the dry ingredients are just incorporated into the wet, and stop. You don’t need to beat it, and in fact want to avoid producing gluten from the flour. (Kneading flour produces gluten, the springy protein that makes bread chewy.)

Stir in the chocolate chips.

Line a 9-13 baking dish with parchment. I over-did it a little bit here, because I wanted to be absolutely sure it didn’t stick. As long as you cover the bottom you should be good, as it will pull away from the edges while baking.

Pour the batter and spread it out. Don’t try to spread it like mayo on bread, or you’ll move the parchment around. Poke at it with the tip of a rubber spatula.

Bake at 325° for 20-30 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick inserted in the tallest part comes out clean. Keep in mind you’ve got chips in there. If you hit one with the toothpick it will have melted chocolate on it. You might need to poke a couple of spots to make sure you aren’t hitting a chip.

Very carefully lift the parchment out of the baking dish. Get a spare set of hands if you can.

Peel the edges and let cool for a few minutes before slicing.

Pour yourself a glass of milk, and that’s it.




© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
The little note at the top of the recipe says it all (the one that is from the actual website.)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Pictures are the BEST!!! However, though I LOVE sweets, this sin't much of a "reading" oppurtunity. But I AM going to try making these!!!
~The Book Contest~

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 6, 2011
Last Updated on January 21, 2012


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster