Flaming Cars, Giant Dragons, and Reading Files

Flaming Cars, Giant Dragons, and Reading Files

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

Adri also learns more about Auriela's condition....

"
We drove late into the night.
Damien's foot stayed firmly pressed against the pedal, and adamantly refused whenever I offered to drive. The car had found its way into a thick woods, and driving required lots of turning to avoid trees. Auriela stayed unconscious, thankfully, but I began to worry about what would happen when she woke up. Dexter and Jeremy finally resolved their fight, deciding there were two types of hot dogs; one from the butt, one from the intestines. Peter had awoken long ago, and seemed much, much better now, and was sitting with the other boys.
I could hear them only faintly now, as they whispered to one another. I heard my name a couple of times, but decided it wasn't worth it to try and find out what they were talking about. Kate, Sadie, and Ella started playing random games, like Guess the Animal, Concentration, Down in the River, I Spy, and other mindless time wasting activities; Sadie fell asleep, but Kate and Ella were still at it. I shifted my weight to try and awaken my sleeping foot.
Everyone started as the car came to shuddering halt. Damien groaned as he looked at the gas tank gauge: empty.
"Okay, guys, time to walk." I said cheerily, and opened my car door. Grumbles of protest issued throughout the vehicle as I pulled them all out of their seats. Sadie rubbed sleep from her eyes, and we all were yawning like crazy. Damien found a couple guns in the trunk, and handed one to me.
"We have to get rid of the car." Damien mused, and turned to his brother. "Pete? Can you do it?" Peter laughed.
"Seriously? Easy, Dame." Peter scoffed, and I choked.
"He calls you Dame?" I asked incredulously, fighting back laughter. Damien sucked in his cheeks.
"Only when he wants to annoy me." Damien replied sullenly, and we all struggled to hold our giggles.
Peter, however, had stepped closer to the car. He snapped his fingers, and a flame appeared. Grinning, he doused the fire, and faced the car. He outstretched his arms, palms facing the vehicle. Suddenly, he seemed to strain himself a little, and funnels of fire burst from his hands, incinerating the car. I screamed, Kate and Ella fell backwards, Dexter tried to run but crashed into Jeremy, Sadie transformed into a bird and flitted up to a nearby branch, and Damien merely observed with a calm demeanor. Within seconds, the car was nothing but charred remains. Peter snapped his fingers again, and the fire rapidly consuming trees disappeared.
"Ready to walk?" Peter turned around, and seemed surprised to see us all terrified of his funnels of fire show. "Come on, guys. We don't have all day." Peter insisted, and started walking. Damien followed, and, after a moment of hesitation, the rest of us followed.
As we walked, I let Damien carry Auriela, while I read her file. It was a series of entries, one for each day, with recordings of what happened to Auriela.

DAY 1:
Subject's blood test has yielded very strange results, and it has been moved to a separate holding cell for further examination.

It went on and on, gibbering about blood tests, experiments, and other nonsensical stuff I didn't understand. Until day 16, one of the shortest entries.

DAY 16:
We have discovered the true ability of Subject. When subjected to the blood of other gifted ones, the Subject has shown again and again the ability to acquire that gift, in addition to its previous ones. Extensive testing is scheduled for tomorrow.

I quickly flipped to the next page.

DAY 17:
We have injected samples of blood from six different subjects into Subject. The blood came from the following subjects.
SUBJECT 1017892
HARNFORD, Georgia
G: Female A: 12
Gi: Omniscience
SUBJECT 1354270
VARDING, Samuel
G: Male A: 17
Gi: Power Augmentation
SUBJECT 985725
ROSS, Michael
G: Male A: 9
Gi: Accelerated Healing
SUBJECT 1276437
PEEK, Lorraine
G: Female A: 15
Gi: Animation
SUBJECT 892756
WINTERTON, Benjamin
G: Male A: 10
Gi: Energy Blasts
SUBJECT 1000876
MARKHAM, Jacob
G: Male A: 13
Gi: Mind Control
All samples of blood were taken from malfunctioning subjects. After samples were taken, subjects were disposed of. Samples have been injected into Subject, and we await results.

The next seven days were rather uneventful, with "Subject showing promise". I stopped to read day 24.

DAY 24:
Subject has been showing signs of issues with test. Abilities working to maximum efficiency, which is good, but when using different abilities, it seems the Subject has developed different personalities for each power, and with each personality comes an eye color, which is totally random, as far as we can tell. A good number of personalities are quite disagreeable, dangerous, and mentally ill. There should only be seven personalities, but a totally new one has formed, with no obvious connections or reasons why it should be. This aberration has only showed itself once, with catastrophic results. Subject transformed into large reptile, with an uncanny resemblance to a mythical creature; the dragon. Subject devoured three of our personnel before security was able to sedate the beast. Tests are being conducted to further educate us on the matter.

The following days were filled with records of problems with the personalities. Day 43 piqued my interest. Summing it up, it said the different personalities began to develop wants to be their own person, and began with giving themselves their own unique names. There was Auriela, of course, with telekinesis and telepathy. They actually listed the names the personalities decided on.
Kit was electric blue-eyed nervous, scared, insecure, and emotionally unstable, with the powers of animation, which meant she could bring inanimate objects to life. One personality, the one with mind control, called herself Renay, and was hot tempered and reckless, with bright green eyes.
Quiet, shy, and gold-eyed Beth could channel energy, and blast it at her enemies. Grey-eyed Maxine could heal herself rapidly, and only looked out for herself. Power augmentation, or the ability to enhance or weaken other abilities, was rude, mean, and insensitive Jade's power, with her almost-black eyes. Alantia showed herself and her violet eyes only three times; she possessed the power omniscience, or the ability to know anything and everything. She refused to tell anything to her captors, but it is obvious that she only shows herself when she wishes, and has no trouble overpowering the other consciousnesses.
And then there's Keaira. She is the strongest personality, besides Alantia, and is all over flaunting that power. When she is in control, she transforms into a dragon, and her lust for blood and death is unquenchable, and is impossible to control.
"Hello? Earth to Adri." Damien waved a hand in front of the file, blocking my reading.
"Huh?" Wow, way to go Adri. Way to sound intelligent.
"Look." Damien pointed, and there, hidden in the trees, was a run, down, dilapidated cabin. The wood was rotting, there were holes in the roof, and there would be without a doubt thousands of animals and vermin living inside, but it was shelter.
"Finally." I sighed, and walked briskly towards the house, motioning for the others to follow. The group willingly followed, their feet tired and sore from walking almost all night. Damien, however, suddenly stopped.
"Adri, we have a problem." Damien's voice was filled with terror.
"What?" I turned around, and nearly screamed when I saw Auriela's arm move. "Oh, crap!" I exclaimed. "All of you, behind the cabin."
"But-" Damien started.
"MOVE!!" I roared, and he grudgingly complied, setting Auriela on the ground. They all were out of sight just in time, for as soon as they were behind the building, my little sister sat up.
Red eyes.


© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
I tried to create a possible scenario for what was going on with Auriela....Enjoy!:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh gosh...Miss Auriela awoke from her beauty sleep...-sees dragon- so much for beauty sleep -_-...Anyway, I thought this was interesting because you revealed some of the powers the kids could have such as omniscience-which I never knew about till you explained it. So far, great! :) I'll try to review more as soon as I can :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wait what??? Next chapter unpublished ???? I will be looking forward to the next then. -sneakily smiles- I love this book XD

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh gosh...Miss Auriela awoke from her beauty sleep...-sees dragon- so much for beauty sleep -_-...Anyway, I thought this was interesting because you revealed some of the powers the kids could have such as omniscience-which I never knew about till you explained it. So far, great! :) I'll try to review more as soon as I can :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 19, 2011
Last Updated on May 14, 2012


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster