Omni-What?

Omni-What?

A Chapter by SwagMaster
"

Alantia is more mysterious than previously thought...

"
Bright sunlight glared on my face, and my eyes opened slowly.
"About time you woke up." a musical female voice fell on my ears, and I slowly sat up, seeing everyone tiredly assembled in multiple places. Sitting on the kitchen counter, in a relaxed position and peeling an orange, was a young woman, looking like she was about twenty, twenty-five at the most.
Her voluptuous body was attracting the attention of every boy in the kitchen, minus Oliver and Damien. Damien's absence of fascination made me smile a little, but then my attention gravitated back to the stranger, who was now munching on the orange segments.
For some reason, she seemed vaguely familiar. Her midnight black hair was braided, and it was so long, it coiled halfway around her waist.
Her full red lips puckered slightly every time she took a bite of orange, and her curvaceous figure held a relaxed posture with one leg dangling over the table, her other leg bent with the foot planted on the surface of the counter, and her the palm of the hand that wasn't holding the orange was pressed against table, balancing her weight.
A black skin-tight garment covered her body, from her wrists to her ankles, looking like the kind of outfit that wouldn't flatter anyone, but somehow worked for her quite nicely. Her high heel boots that went up to her knees, and her huge, beautiful purple eyes regarded me with what seemed like bored indifference.
"Who are you?" I asked bluntly, too tired to put it tactfully.
"Do we really have to go through this again?" the girl sighed in a foreign and exotic accent of some sort, but I couldn't quite figure out what accent it was. "Really. Absolutely aggravating." She swung herself off the table and commenced to throwing her orange peels in the garbage.
"Um....." I racked my brain, until it finally clicked. "Alantia?"
"I'm surprised you even got back here alive." she rolled her eyes. "Actually, no, I'm not. I saw that one coming. Congratulations are in order, though, for bringing Oliver back with you. That must've been a tough decision. Same for Alex."
"Do I know you?" Oliver questioned, confused.
"Of course not." Alantia smiled mysteriously. "However, I know you. I know about your parents, the experiments, Charlotte...." She trailed off momentarily, then seated herself back on the kitchen table before continuing with her odd enigmatic smile. "Jezelle." Oliver stiffened at the mention of the name, and I started.
"Jezelle?" I asked incredulously. "As in Siderov?" Oliver's head snapped towards me.
"You knew my wife?" he demands.
"No, but she left a letter...." I sprang up, went over to the junk drawer, and began rummaging through its contents. "I think it's still in here......ah! Here it is!" I triumphantly brandished the rather crumpled piece of paper, then thrust it into Oliver's hands. His eyes scanned the paper, and a single tear dropped on the paper, right on the signature. There's a silence.
"Are you quite finished?" Alantia cleared her throat, and Oliver quickly folded up the paper, stuffing it in his pocket, swallowing.
"Anyway, why are you here?" I frowned at Alantia, and she smirked back at me, condescending as always.
"I thought you'd never ask." Alantia commented drily. "Ask your questions."
"Um, okay..." I searched my brain for a good question. "Firstly, why do you look so different? And how were you able to do all those things in the facility?"
"Good question, because it asks many underlying facts at the same time. I'll start with your dear sister, Auriela."
"I'm not Auriela." Kit insists. "I'm Kit. It's my turn to be in charge."
"Whatever." Alantia waves her hand dismissively. "Anyway, as I was saying, you sister, Auriela, is very vital to Charlotte. Most humans that possess the tanecine base don't show signs of it until the age of eight. Besides Auriela, the earliest show was at the age of seven. By then, the base becomes rigid hard, impossible to mold."
"Mold?" I stare at Alantia.
"Yes, mold. Tanecine is a very strange thing. It hardens with age, but when it's soft, you can imprint different codes into it. Codes for different powers."
"So, you're saying Charlotte was able to give Auriela different powers because of her age?" I clarified.
"Exactly." Alantia nodded. "It had never been done before, and Charlotte knew it was huge to her studies. She immediately imprinted multiple codes to Auriela's DNA, and they came into effect.
"However, there were complications. Charlotte was unaware of the side effects, which resulted in multiple personalities and the mutation of Keaira. I was imprinted along with the rest, as I saw it was the only way for the correct series of events to ensue."
"Say what?" I was totally and utterly confused, and I could tell from the blank faces surrounding me that I was not alone.
"I am saying that I interfered in what I was not supposed to. I knew that if I did not interfere, Charlotte's reign of power would result in disastrous things. And so, I interfered by letting my base be copied, then killing off my previous host. I also interfered by overloading the tracking device implanted in Auriela's brain. Fortunately, she was the only one of you with such a device."
"You can see the future?"
"Among many other things. You see, I am not only omniscient, as I led Charlotte to believe. I am so much more."
"What?" Curiosity consumed me.
"I am older than your human brain can fathom, for I am immortal. I know everything there is, for I am omniscient. I can understand any language, for I am omni-lingual. I know everything, I can do anything, and I can be anywhere at any time." Faces rapt, the room was completely silent as everyone just stared at Alantia, waiting for her to continue.
"I can do all these things." Alantia sighs. "For I am omnipotent." There's a pause.
"Omni-what?" Kate looks perplexed.
"Omnipotent. The ability to do, know, and be anything or anywhere." Jeremy clarified.
"You can do whatever you want?" Sadie asks excitedly, and Alantia nods. "That's great! Why don't you just go back in time and, like, catch Charlotte before she's dropped on her head?"
"You don't understand." Alantia shook her head. "Tampering with the past can have catastrophic results. It's just not safe."
"Can you prove you're basically a god?" Jeremy scoffs, and Alantia frowns at him.
"Can you prove that you're not a complete moron?" she snaps.
"Please." I beg, and she pauses.
"Fine." she relents, and snaps her fingers.
A bright purple flash nearly blinds us all, and the kitchen disappeared. As we all regained our sight, mouths dropped and eyes greedily drank in the new sight.
Lush green grass stretched as far as the eye could see, and large trees, beautiful shrubbery, and gorgeous flowers decorated the landscape. Animals of all shapes, sizes, colors, and types roamed the forest-like area, and thousands of the fruits, flowers, and animals were things of fairy tales.
Nearby, there was a massive tree; and by massive, I mean gigantic. Looking at it, I guessed that it would take over a thousand copies of me joining hands to circle the tree, and my arm span is a good five and a half feet long in length.
The height was unfathomable. Once, my parents had won an all expenses paid trip to Dubai and back in a ticket drawing when I was eleven. Of course, we went and visited Burj Khalifa, the tallest man-made structure in the world. I remember craning my neck so far back that it hurt, and still not being able to see the top.
That building had nothing on this tree.
Hidden among the branches of the tree there were multiple buildings, all connected with some sort of tube mechanism. The building closest to the ground had one of the tubes reaching down to the ground, and I could see the chute opened up at the bottom to reveal the interior of an elevator type of machine. Without hesitation, Alantia marched across the field and into the elevator. With much hesitation, we all followed into the spacious elevator. Alantia pressed a couple buttons, and the mechanism whisked us off the ground and up towards the closest building. As we rose higher and higher, all eyes scanned the lush and dense forest through the glass walls, taking in the strange creatures and plants.
When the elevator slid to a gentle stop, the doors slid open, admitting us into a huge room, full of humongous computers, blinking buttons, robots and robotic devices, electronic voices, and flashing lights everywhere. It was like a technology overload.
"You must be in heaven." Dexter teased Alex, remembering his gift, and the older boy looked uncomfortable.
"Yeah, about that-" Alex began, but Alantia cut him off.
"This place is only a small part of our sanctuary." Alantia sighed blissfully.
"Our?" I caught her, raising an eyebrow.
"Mine. My sanctuary." she corrected herself, looking flustered.
"But you said-" Jeremy tried.
"Never mind that. I made a mistake." her tone turned gruff and defensive. "Moving on. As I was saying, before I was so rudely interrupted, this and along with the other houses, is where I live, spending my days tinkering and watching with mankind as they make slow but steady progress." She paused. "Very slow progress." Another pause. "Very, very, very, very slow progress."
"Anyway...." I prompted her.
"Right. Anyway, as I watched Charlotte make her way up to the top, I was shocked to see that at her rate of progression, she could quite possibly destroy the human race. I knew I had to intervene, and so I did. When I was born, I was human, just like the rest of you. It was only after twenty years in that body was I able to transform it into a vessel that could preform the feats I was capable of without completely obliterating itself.
"Sadly, the only way I could safely interfere was to let myself be captured, which meant I had to be a human child again. I created a body suitable for my purposes, and fabricated false names and papers. I was under the name Georgia Harnford.
"After Charlotte took the bait, she brought me back to her facility, imprisoning me with the others. I had set it up so that when I arrived, it was an extremely busy time, and the initial testing that is done on all subjects was delayed with me. My host, Georgia, was to die shortly after I was injected into Auriela." Alantia gestures towards Kit.
"Kit! Kit! I'm KIT!" Kit half screams, half sobs. "I hate you all! You're mean!"
"Oh, my God, Kit, get a hold of yourself!" Kate snaps, and Kit immediately stops crying, probably startled that someone had actually told her to stop.
"Kit, when I say Auriela and I look at you, I'm referring to the body, which was originally Auriela's. I mean no offense to you." Alantia demeanor had changed completely. Instead of her usual patronizing tone, she was kind, caring, and considerate. To me, it almost looked like Alantia was mothering Kit, and to be honest, Alantia seemed experienced in child care, oddly enough.
"Okay." Kit sniffled.
"Good." Alantia was back to her usual brusque and serious manner. As she continued talking, she boarded another one of the elevator things that was located across the technology room.
"After Georgia was dead, I was trapped inside Auriela's body." Alantia resumed her story. "Adjusting to the new location slowed my progress in everything, and I had to fashion a body that was considerably younger than I preferred." The elevator slid to a stop, and the room we arrived at was a large and lavishly decorated ballroom. It looked like a scene out of the early 19th century, complete with large ball gowns and tuxedos dancing around the floor.
"Once I was finished creating a body suitable for my needs, I transferred my consciousness into the new vessel, then adjusted the age to a more appropriate setting."
"And here we are." I finished, and she nodded.
"And here you are." an unfamiliar voice came from behind Alantia, who whipped around to reveal a man, about her age, and probably the hottest guy I had ever seen. Dark carmel skin, chocolate hair, and dark, dark eyes. He smiled at Alantia, and his paper white teeth shone like lightbulbs.
"A dance, m'lady?" the guy bowed to Alantia, offering his hand.
"I don't even know you." Alantia responds stiffly, and her courter laughs.
"Such a grand act, madame. How I have missed you. Our prodigies have also missed you terribly."
"I don't know what you're talking about. Now begone, Helike."
"You don't know me? I don't recall telling you my name." the man laughs again, then disappears into the waltzing crowd.


© 2012 SwagMaster


Author's Note

SwagMaster
OMNIPOTENT:
Om·nipo·tent /ämˈnipətənt/
Adjective: (of a deity) Having unlimited power; able to do anything.
Noun: God.
Synonyms: almighty, all-powerful

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Atlantia is too full of herself lol >w< SHE can never stopp boasting :P Man, I am so gonna try finishing this by the end of summer which I bet I could :D.. Can't wait to get starrted again :3

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

341 Views
1 Review
Added on March 19, 2012
Last Updated on May 16, 2012


Author

SwagMaster
SwagMaster

Roosevelt, UT



About
I use swag ironically so much that it's not ironic anymore. more..

Writing
NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster


NoName NoName

A Chapter by SwagMaster