Capturing Christmas' Chaos.

Capturing Christmas' Chaos.

A Story by 'CrashUrgency'
"

Christmas is never the same as you grow up, is it?

"

I ran down the stairs, Christmas! The grin on my face was hard to hide. I love Christmas. Always have, always will. Turning the corner to the front room, I’m hit with a sickly sweet smell made up of a mixture of, cinnamon, cranberries, baking bread, the tree and my mum’s perfume. I was knocked back a step by the pungent aroma. I take a few deep breaths to get accustomed to it. Breathe, in, out, in… There it was. The picture perfect Christmas. The tree lights were on, glistening delightfully, their glow bouncing off the silver presents underneath. At either side of the tree stood a massive sack of presents, one for me and one for my brother. From ‘Santa’. There’s something odd. I can’t put my finger on it. I scanned the room and tried to see what it was. Then it hit me. My mum and dad were there. Together. Stood by the warm fire, still lit from the night before, and looking at me with eager eyes. They were holding hands. Wait, What? Why were they holding hands? I heard the gentle thump thump thump as my brother ran down the stairs to join us, everything suddenly becoming so animated. We all sat on the floor, my brother and I diving into our present ‘sacks’. We pulled out present after present. The room was soon full of open gifts and silver scraps of paper, it was everywhere. Oddly enough, my parents just laughed at us, my mum got out the camera and snapped up a shot of me and my brother, buried in this mountain of foily paper. The smell of baked bread was now hard to ignore, it filled the house and made everyone’s tummy grumble. Mum shuffled off to the little kitchen and brought back some fresh made bread, lightly toasted with tonnes of butter, chocolate spread and jams. We all dived in, not caring about manners, loving the warm deliciousness of it. This was such a picture perfect Christmas. The family are coming around for a meal later, more presents. Mum and dad stole a quick glance at each other before opening the presents they got the other, giggling at their own inside secrets. Such a lovely Christmas…

My eyes opened, Christmas Morning. It’ll never be the same…

© 2011 'CrashUrgency'


Author's Note

'CrashUrgency'
I used to love christmas. i tried to capture that in the first part. hope its okay. please review on the writing, i want to better myself :) xxx

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Really good

Posted 13 Years Ago


:)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is really cool :-)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great write and a lovely memory.. I wish you would ellaborate more on what seems "odd" so that the last part makes more sense. Your writing itself is excellent. Good characterization, good flow, imaginative

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 26, 2011
Last Updated on March 26, 2011

Author

'CrashUrgency'
'CrashUrgency'

About
I'm a massive fan of My Chemical Romance. I have a bit of an overactive imagination and I love it! You gotta catch me on a good day though or else I'll just..... yeah... more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..