Life beyond ego..

Life beyond ego..

A Story by Pankhuri

Ego. To many it is merely an emotion, but many have faced the repercussions of the same, I'm sure. But have you ever asked yourself a very simple question, "Why, why do I have to face the brunts of someone else's weakness?" Yes, someone else's weakness. There would be a sea full of answers. 

There are many reasons to disapprove with this emotion, or should I say "shame". Well, I won't be justified in saying that ego looks ugly from all angles, but do you realize how beautiful and content life would be without its existence?

Ego is a rage; a rage following which is destruction and downfall. The ones who have been an easy mark will surely relate to this. I have seen people fall, cry in misery, blame and ultimately make themselves the complete opposites of who they previously were. 

We are so addicted to seeing others and the past through the ego’s lens, that we unknowingly attempt the impossible. Not many have seen the face of ego. It is like a ghost that we accept as a domination in our lives. But the reality lies, that ego is nothing more than mere illusion, only a very very powerful one. It has been with us ever since we began to think, ever since we started to see ourselves as superior beings.

Nothing - This is a common answer for two major questions of our life. First, "What did we come with in this world?"; and second' "what will we take with us when we are gone?"

Think about it. Think about living a life bereft ego. There is nothing bigger than our will to live a life amidst happiness and cheer. Let not your inner voice shout out "EGO!!" to you, instead asks you to make people believe what wonders they can do without it.

Life can be a beautiful book, its only up to us what contents to fill in this book. Only then, we can invite in the higher aspects of ourselves to function in their natural, loving and integrated design.

© 2014 Pankhuri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on January 29, 2014
Last Updated on January 29, 2014
Tags: #ego, #love, #feelings, #life, #emotions

Author

Pankhuri
Pankhuri

New Delhi, Delhi, India