Reality

Reality

A Chapter by Alex

     I looked at the empty wooden table in front of us. There was nothing, absoloutly nothing, that could make me hate my own mother even more that I did right now. Of course, tonight was my fault. I sighed and imagined faces to the wood that clearly, weren't there.

     "Jane!" I hear my mother shriek. I quickly jumped to my feet, startled by the sudden noise. I ran to her tiny room. It was small compared to the other bedrooms of wealthy families, but much more bigger than me and my brother's closet, which had nothing more than a blanket. Mother's room was always holding only an old, dirty bed and the tiniest, most empty, closet. I stared at her bed and looked at the pieces of bread in the solid matress.

     "Mom? Did you eat all the bread?" I whispered innocently. I really didn't like getting people pissed. Well, not her, anyways.

     "You ungrateful beast!" she yelled as she slapped my cheek with unbearable force. I fell down onto the concrete floor.

     "I didn't--!" I started to defend. What did she want me to say! Alec and I hadn't eaten for over 3 weeks! She always asked, (well forced, actually) to bring food to her! We couldn't get out because the phsycos were out hunting 'witches'. I would have rolled my eyes, but my mother started kicking me.

     "You are a spoiled," she kicked my face, my eye felt numb. My cheeks ached too much and my lips tasted like blood. ", ugly brat!" she continued and yanked me by the hair to the closet where Alec and I slept. And lived. She kicked my stomach and heard a crack. I screamed in pain. Tears started to form in my eyes, but I reminded myself to be strong. I couldn't give her another reason to hurt me... Or Alec. She threw me inside and locked the door.

     Alec was staring at me with his mouth hanging open. Examining my cuts and bruises, I knew. I took a deep breath, and that hurt. A lot. I couldn't fight the tears now.

     "Jane, Jane, shh shh..." Alec soothed me as he held me to his chest. I hugged him as tight as I could, ignoring the pain in my hands and arms. Alec and I were twins. We both had the same chocolate milk hair with matching eyes. Our skin was pale, once beautiful, after starving. We had almost see-through skin now. My ribs showed alot and so did his. Our bodies were weak and tired and hungry. Mine was now all ruined... I cried harder.

     "Why does she do this to us?!" I whispered between sobs. "She is our mother! She should love us!" I continued louder now. My voice thicker. Alec shrugged and rubbed my back, trying to calm me. I buried my face in his chest and tried to sleep. When I did sleep, I had a nightmare. Or a scene most likely. I dreamt of what mother had done to me. Except Alec took my place in the dream.

     It was horrible, how he, already harmed, got even more injured by his mom. I woke up crying. I opened my eyes wide and relief washed through me as I saw Alec next to me, perfectly sleeping. And of course I cared so much for Alec. He was my twin brother. He was always there for me. Evn if he was sick and tired or hungry and nauseous, he'd help me with anything; injures, sickness, food... I always thought twins were more like a single person. At least that was how it felt with Alec, with him, I felt hope. Hope of being adopted by a loving family who fed us and washed us and loved us every single day. Who took us out to the park, who bought us beautiful and colorful clothes. Yes, with Alec, I felt safe from what my mother made us suffer. But not even twins could be saved from reality.



© 2010 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good! I have a twin and were very close!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow....this is amazingly real!! Very intense!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010


Author

Alex
Alex

Italy



About
I'm Alessandra. But call me Alex. I'm 13 now and I love RONALD WEASLEY!! OMG FORGET TWILIGHT SCREW DA VAMPS! I WANT MA GINGER MAN! Here are some facts about me that probably don't matter to an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex


Regret Regret

A Poem by Alex