Gifted

Gifted

A Chapter by Alex

     I woke up and sat. Alec was still fast asleep. He always slept more since he was even sicker than I was. He had been going on starvation mode for over two months. I had only been starving for 2 weeks, since I had stolen some bread from  a store. That made me feel really guilty, so I ran outside. I took my only cloak, it was black and it covered everything except my eyes. I always used it for when I went out to steal. I had to cover up because some of the villagers thought I was a witch. Idiots. Thinking witches existed. What was next? There are vampires in Volterra? I scoffed and laughed darkly. One man seemed to notice me.

     "May I help you?" he asked, kind of annoyed. I looked at him. He was tall, about 6'4. He had long curly hair that reached his shoulders. He was covered in dirt from head to toe. I made a disgusted sound.

     "Help? From you?" I ponted my finger at him and laughed. "I don't think so." I said laughing again. He looked down at the floor and stalked away. I followed him a few steps, laughing at him. I had a role to play. I ran away from him when he turned around and growled. I ignored that completely and went to a random market. There was only a big lady there. I could sneak up on her and take the bread that was on her desk. It seemed easy enough. There wasn't more than her as a witness. I immediately took a rock and threw it to some apples that were neatly orginized on a shelf, making them fall everywhere. The lady gasped and ran to fix my mess.

I took the opportunity and snatched a whole bread loaf, a muffin and a donut, placing them inside a pocket in my robe. I looked to make sure that the lady was not looking, and ran back home. I fell twice, but I made it without anyone noticing.

I ran into the closet and shut the door quietly.

     "Jane?" Alec whispered from the darkness.

     "Yes, it's me. I brought some food." I whispered back, patting his head on the way to the very back of the closet, where we hid some food.

     "Oh. Thanks."

     "Sure" I mumbled. I put away the donut and the bread loaf in the secret drawer we had. I took the muffin and split it in half. Well, almost. I gave Alec a bigger piece than mine.

     "Eat slow, sister. Remember our stomachs can't take so much food. They're used to so little, if we eat too fast, we'll get sick...er." he whispered taking the muffin. I nodded and took a small bite of my muffin share.

     We ate quietly, making sure there was no trace of muffin in our closet. We sure didn't want mother to know we had more food for her to steal. That reminded me...

     "Alec, is mom still here?" I asked, distracting him from a thought.

     "Um. She said she'd be out for two weeks with some friend... I don't know why she's gone, or who she was going with." he answered in a neutral and cold tone. I frowned.

     "Did she hurt you again?" I asked, opening the door so the light could come in.

     "No." he lied smoothly.

     I opened the door slightly and looked at his face..

     He had a black eye. His lip was open and still bleeding and he hat a bruise on his cheek.

     "What did the woman do?!" I asked. My mother really had gone too far this time.

     "Well I-"

     I suddenly heard a loud noise. Like a bomb. I peeked out side and saw four men with torches outside our closet.

     "THERE THEY ARE!" one of them yelled pointing at me. I looked at him, panic naked in my eyes. I held Alec's hand. What was going on?!

     "The witch twins!" the other said, smiling evilly. He looked at me with angry eyes and pointed at my robe.

     NO! We weren't witches! Of course we weren't! Couldn't they see our skeletic shape? Our fragile skin? Our damaged faces!?

Once man opened the closet door fiercely and yanked my hair. He dragged me out side, I screamed a terryfing scream of pain.

     "Get the other one!" the man who was dragging me yelled. I glanced at Alec. NO! Not Alec!

     "NO! Kill me! Kill me!" I begged the man. He looked at me with curiously sick eyes and rolled them. Alec was being dragged by the hair too. They dragged us to a desert-like place. Somewhere were there was a big fire. My eyes widened a mile long.

     "We're not witches! Are you stupid?! We are merely children!" Alec yelled hoarsely at the man who was yanking my hair. I felt tears roll down my eyes, and noticed that Alec too, was crying.

     "LIES!" he said throwing him to the fire. A panicked scream escaped from my frozen lips.

    "NO!! WHAT DID HE EVER DO TO YOU?!" I slipped away from him and ran to Alec, who was burning already. I gragged him out as quickly as I could. His face was brown and hot.

     "Alec! Stay wi-" somebody took my hair again and threw me to the flames. I fought against it but couldn't help it. The darkness was falling against me, pushing me lower and lower. I stopped fighting. It was heaven. At last I could rest. I'd wait for my brother. We'd live happy and without worries. I felt relief as the darnkess blinded my completely.

     Then I felt numb. There was a coolness in my neck I rather liked. It was warm, too hot now. But it was comfortable. But there was another pain, I was burning again. My neck was in flames! It was too hot! This couldn't be heaven, not likely. There was too much pain. I tried to scream, but I couldn't find my lips. The fire spread to the rest of my body, burning everywhere it touched. I twiched and screamed, finally. I saw nothing. I heard nothing. But I could still feel. There was someone touching my neck. Someone with cool hands. Didn't they see the fire?! Why didn't they extenguish it! It had to be all around me! I screamed more.

***

     My fingertips stopped burning. I had stopped screaming a while ago. It didn't help to scream. There was someone still touching my neck, someone holding my hand. This time, I heard somthing.

     "Are you sure, Aro?" a hoarse but attractive voice said. "She is a mere child. She'll have to be killed." the voice continued.

     "Yes, my dear. I am certain this is the child we're looking for." Aro answered in a sweet voice.

     The words were senseless to me. I twiched. What was happening?!

     "You are changing my dear." Aro answered my thought.

     What? How did he? I mean how did he know what I was thinking?! I felt more burn and I screamed, but shut my mouth, remembering screaming didn't help.

     "No, it doesn't dear. This should be over soon. I have to explaing everything now. You see, I bit your neck."

     HA. HA. HA. Right. Another phsyco.

     "I'm not a phsyco," he chuckled, it sounded like bells chiming. "I am a vampire."

     Okay. Go on.

     "You are very gifted, my dear. And we, the Volturi, require those gifts. Your brother is gifted too, darling. He is quite interesting. He can cut all our senses at once. Only by touch, though. So if he practices enough, he could blind a whole group." He paused. "I am thrilled to what you'll be able to do. You were surely rebel when human!" he chuckled.

     Wait, when human?

     "You are changing. Changing into a vampire."

     The fire stopped just when he said, Vampire. I opened my eyes. I could see everything. Everywhere! I saw about a mile farther than I was. I felt strong and agile. I flexed my arms and heard a laugh. I crouched defensively. A surprising growl came from my teeth. I looked at a man, pale. He had sinister red eyes and black hair that reached under his shoulder.

     "Welcome, Jane!" he thrilled. I looked at him confused and un crouched.

     "How do you know my name?" I asked. I was surprised to hear my voice. It sounded like velvet. Soft, and sweet, and terifying in some ways. I flinched.

     "Oh, do not fear me, Jane. I know everything about you and your brother, Alec." I gasped. He knew about Alec? I took a step forward and took a deep breath. That hurt my throat a lot. It was like somebody put flames into it. My stomach revolved and there was something that flowed in my mouth. My muscles, ready to spring. Aro took a cautious step back.

     "Careful." he said to another vampire. "She is thirsty."

     Oh. Right. Blood. Thirst.

     The liquid flowed again in my mouth. Aro smiled at me warmly.

     "Bring her." he said calmly to someone else. Suddenly, a man appeared. AA vampire I guessed. He had my mom in his arms. She looked at me. And I, without thinking, sprang at her. My mind disconnecting from my body. The scent of her pulled me towards her. I simply bit her neck, and felt the warm pulse of her blood under my lips. Her blood was warm, and sweet. With a hint of marrijuana. Though, I really enjoyed it. I threw the corpse away. Suddenly, another vampire appeared. I looked at him intently and he fell to the floor. I didn't even touch him.

     He screamed and twiched on the floor. I kept looking at him and wishing he was in pain. He twiched even more. I looked away from him, to Aro and raised my eyebrows in panic.

     "Jane! You are amazing!" he yelled. So I did that to the vampire? I sent him pain and made him feel it? Hmm. I was amazing. I smiled evilly towards my mother, and wished her as much pain as I could handle.



© 2010 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very good! I have to read more!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

272 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 6, 2010
Last Updated on September 1, 2010


Author

Alex
Alex

Italy



About
I'm Alessandra. But call me Alex. I'm 13 now and I love RONALD WEASLEY!! OMG FORGET TWILIGHT SCREW DA VAMPS! I WANT MA GINGER MAN! Here are some facts about me that probably don't matter to an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex


Regret Regret

A Poem by Alex