Weak

Weak

A Chapter by Alex

He stared at me, his mouth hanging open. I stared back.
I was sure this was Alec, I obviously recognized my own twin brother. But there was something different from his features that made him a stranger to me... His face looked angelic now. He was beautiful, I had to admit. I cocked my head to the side, curious.
"Jane?" he whispered. Even in a whisper, his voice sounded all wrong. Like velvet, soft and sweet, yet terrifying in some ways.
Just like mine.
I gasped as the answer to his strangeness hit me.
"Alec! You're a vampire!" I exclaimed happily. He was immortal, just like me. We were much more better than those ugly humans that surrounded us. We were powerful, and strong. And gifted.
He smiled at me warmly.
"It seems as you are too, sister." he said lightly. I smiled back smugly and took his hand.
"I did make a mess of my dress," I admitted. The cloak barely helped cover up my bloody dress. "But tell me, brother, how did you get here?" I asked him, eyeing the black cloak he had laid over his shoulder. It was just like mine.
"Hmm." I murmured.
"Jane, Alec! I knew I'd find you here!" Aro suddenly interrupted. He had Heidi with him. I shrugged and looked at her smugly.
"Yes." I said neutrally, bored.
"Are you done hunting, dear?" Aro asked, a bit preocupied. I took a deep breath through my nose. It did sting, in a level I couldn't ignore, but could live with.
"Not quite." I admitted. Some more blood wouldn't hurt me. And it should get rid of the fire in my throat. I gulped.
"I've only had two." Alec said lightly, looking at me from the corner of his eye. I'd never noticed, but his eyes were a bright shade of red. It didn't startle me anymore. I probably had the same eye color now. Alec shrugged slightly. "I'm still burning a bit." he muttered. He looked at Aro, I followed his glance.
"Say no more!" Aro laughed. "Heidi?" he motioned her to speak.
"Right. Follow me." she answered. I scoffed and Alec took my hand, rolling his eyes and leading me forward.
***
"This is your room, Jane." she said smiling. I just nodded and walked in.
It was huge, perhaps the triple size of my mothers bedroom, but that didn't even seem enough. There was a bid makeup station made of pure gold. A big mirror and a large leather sofa. There was a little gate on the floor. I raised my eyebrows.
"No bed?" I asked Heidi. She smiled widely.
"You don't sleep. In fact, nobody here does." she said smirking. Ha ha ha.
Vampire feature?" I asked bored. I didn't really care. I had a room all to myself. That was the important thing.
"Indeed." she said excitedly. She cleared her throat. "I'll be back with dessert shortly." she announced and she walked away. I huffed. Whatever, make her bring my food to me. She closed the door behind her lightly, I heard her footsteps announcing her leaving.
I went to sit on the makeup station. Now that was the most beautiful thing I'd seen. I glanced at the mirror, and saw a stranger staring at me.
She was pale, really pale, but it looked beautiful on her. Her full lips were an exquisite tone of pink and red, emphasizing her big rounded red eyes. Her eyelids were a shade or lavender, which looked lovely on her pale skin. Her face looked childish, altogether. But adorable and sinister at the same time. The stranger looked at me with curious eyes. It suddenly sunk in that I was the stranger. But holy crow! How did I get so beautiful?! In human life I was fragile, my skin almost see-through. My eyes had bags under them and scars covered my cheeks and lips. I was all healed now, even more perfectionized than before. I touched my neck and felt it. It was hard like a rock, but the softest, most smooth and perfect texture. Like silk. I sat there like an idiot looking at my perfect face, when I suddenly heard a knock.
"Come in." I answered quietly, still shocked from what I had seen.
Aro came through the door.
"Jane, love... Heidi is here with dessert, but I need to explain something first." he said smiling.
"Go ahead." I turned to look at him.
"Well, it is in the nature of a vampire to be owning. And it will be more powerful on you since you are just hours old to this new life. We'd like to ask you to eat in here instead than with the rest of us. Please understand that it is for your own safety, love." he explained. "Some of us get overprotective sometimes." he chuckled.
"Sure. No problem." I said smiling. It was fine for me. I really didn't care.
Aro just nodded and left. "Oh, and don't breathe." he added. He was thirsty, I guessed. In the second he left, Heidi came in.
"Jane, I brought some tourists." she said as she winked. Oh so that was what they meant when they said 'bringing food'. Heidi was apparently responsible for that matter. I smiled evilly and nodded.
"Let them in." I commanded, eager for their blood. She smiled back and motioned three humans to come into my room. I heard their warm and juicy heartbeats as they entered the room. I could taste their mouthwatering scent in the back of my mouth, though I was not breathing, I wished they'd hurry up. Heidi shot a cautious glance at me and murmured as quietly as she could. "They're supposed to be here for a tour of the room of the wife of Saint Marcus."
I nodded.
"Can they have a chance to scream?" I asked quietly and quickly too. I knew the three humans would not be able to hear or grasp what we were saying. Heidi nodded calmly and smiled.
"Enjoy!" she exclaimed. Only I knew she was talking to me exclusively. I took a deep breath, letting their scent push deep into my lungs and take over my mind completely.
"Well," I said as I locked the door behind me. The three humans stared at me uncomfortably and awed at the same time. There were two females, about twenty five years each and one male around his sixteens. I smiled widely, baring my set of perfect teeth and sent them a wave of pain. The three of them screamed, something I enjoyed watching. They all fell to the floor and twitched and gasped for air as my pain revolved and took control of them entirely.
"I guess this is the end for you." I said. I put my lips on the throat of the male, feeling his pulse, inhaling his sweet scent, and bit easily through his skin. The other two females watched in horror as I sucked the life out of the male. I quickly finished off the other two, their blood incredibly warm and sweet, and unlocked to door. Heidi immediately came in.
"Fun, isn't it?" she asked smirking.
"You have no idea." I said, showing off my pile of emptied bodies at her.
"Where do I dispose of these?" I asked pointing at them.
She smiled. "Allow me."
She took the three bodies over her shoulder without difficulty and opened the little doo. That was on the floor. She threw the three bodies there and then took a lighter and threw it down there, burning the bodies.
"There." she said smiling. "I'll be out with Aro if you need me for anything." she hinted. I nodded slowly and closed the door behind her as she left.
I sat down on the leather sofa and started thinking rationally.
First, I was a vampire. A newborn vampire, as many had corrected. That came with basic stuff like perfection, the demonic red eyes, the inhuman strenghth Heidi had just demonstrated. The unbearable thirst and fire you felt. Also things that Aro had mentioned, the sparkling in the sunlight, the speed and agility.
Humans on the other hand were slow and fragile. Full of flaws and imperfections that made them all different. But overall, they were weak. Weak as a ladybug compared to a bear. They were only prey, afterall. Weak, vunerable prey for us vampires. New to this life, and I already knew I was going to succeed and be powerful. Besides, some of us like Alec and I, who had an extra sense or gift. Together, we were unstoppable. We were at last important.


© 2010 Alex


Author's Note

Alex
D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

While Jane and Alex has moved on up! Nice work!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

218 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 8, 2010
Last Updated on August 8, 2010


Author

Alex
Alex

Italy



About
I'm Alessandra. But call me Alex. I'm 13 now and I love RONALD WEASLEY!! OMG FORGET TWILIGHT SCREW DA VAMPS! I WANT MA GINGER MAN! Here are some facts about me that probably don't matter to an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex


Regret Regret

A Poem by Alex