Chapter 13

Chapter 13

A Chapter by Alex
"

I heard the faint sound of someone landing beside us. We were dead.

"

"Jake decided to stay up at Billy's for a while. It's hard... Since his mother died in a car accident when he was a kid, Billy was the only one left for him." Dad whispered looking straight ahead.

"Rachel? Rebecca?" Mom asked him. "Why weren't they at the funeral today?"

I flinched from the word. Jacob would sure take long to heal now.

"No." Dad answered in a cold, hard voice.

The subject was not reached since that day.

***

Jacob changed since that day. Changed not in a good way, or a bad way. He changed in a scary way.

He almost didn't spend time as a human, which, before the passing of Billy, he did.

He also didn't talk at much anymore. Not even with me.

And I know it had only been two days, but even when he was worried he would say at least hi to me. Or 'are you okay, Ness?'

This past two days:

Nothing.

I finally decided to go to him. I searched for him like a maniac in the house. I was sure he was in here, I always knew where he was even if he hadn't told me.

"Outside." someone whispered quickly. Dad, I think.

Thanks Dad, I owe you.

There he was! Jake was sitting on a treebench of an Oak tree. It was not big enough for him, it looked like it could snap with the tiniest of movements.

I took a few steps back and jumped to the brach where he was sitting, wrapping my arms around his neck and kissing his cheek.

Are you better?

He shook his head with a light smile on his lips and sighed.

Should I leave? Rose needs my help with a dress she wants to make, anyways... I would understand...

"No. Stay. Please?"

You sure?

"Yeah." he paused and looked at my eyes. "I need you now, more than anything. More than I need oxygen."

I smiled a little at him and gave him a peck on the lips. I sighed in relief.

I thought you were'nt going to come back... That you were too angry with what she did... I stopped mid-thought and rethought what I was going to show, feeling his shake under me. I thought you would leave because of the vampires.

"I'm not that easy to get rid of." he said smirking. "'Sides, if I leave, who's going to kill those ugly leeches that are comming to fight?" he joked and gave me the lightest punch on the shoulder playfully. I chuckled lowly.

Jacob Black, you are the most crazy person I've met. I joked. He laughed and raised his black eyebrows at me.

"Oh, I'm also annoying to others." he chuckled and pointed at the house. "Especially, Blondie."

I rolled my eyes and sat next to him on the fragile branch. I had to tell him something, but I didn't know how... I gulped and took his hand.

Jake?

"Yeah?"

Do you think we're... That we have the slightest chance of...  I gulped loudly again. Surviving this?

"Well, not alone. But since you have a lot more vamps helping you plus us, I think you will." he said as he smiled. I sighed in relief. It felt like I'd been carrying a big heavy truck instead of the driver's license.

I really hope we-

Jacob and I flew out of the tree top in less than half a second.

"Nessie!" I heard Dad yell. Alice and Esme were with him in a second.

"WHAT'S GOING ON?!" I screamed.

"The Volturi!"

I suddenly heard a loud screetching noise. We all froze for a brief second, then I heard the faint scream of dad:

"BELLA!"

Then Alice's harsh command:

"JACOB! GET THE PACK HERE! COME ON!" Jake put me on his back and took me far away in the forest. He set me on my feet after a little ride.

"Stay here." he hissed as he transformed to a wolf. Leah, Sam, Seth, Quil, Embry, Jared, Collin, and Paul were suddenly with us.

A brown wolf growled at a black one. Quil to Sam, I think. They kept growling at each other, until I heard the faint sound of someone landing beside us.

 

Jane, Alec, Felix and Demetri.

 

We were dead.



© 2010 Alex


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
Added on August 13, 2010
Last Updated on August 13, 2010


Author

Alex
Alex

Italy



About
I'm Alessandra. But call me Alex. I'm 13 now and I love RONALD WEASLEY!! OMG FORGET TWILIGHT SCREW DA VAMPS! I WANT MA GINGER MAN! Here are some facts about me that probably don't matter to an.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex


Regret Regret

A Poem by Alex