Mad God Figments & Realities

Mad God Figments & Realities

A Poem by L0v3craft
"

Dream-inspired; fragments describing a nightmare I had about a depraved God and we're just the figments of his deranged imagination.

"

Defiled hands crumble, wrinkling where wrought

From steady shadows where vacancies are sought.

 

Lips echo under water, tickling little gnomes

Ashen until gray weathered mornings slowly begin to rot.

 

I defy all meaning in my name, defy all who may betray.

 

Glistening blisters populate every corner of Your eye

Gleaming like a shade of truth blooming in disguise.

 

Such a facade still threatens my immortality and within

Such grueling confines I drink from Your ultraviolet heart.

Combining all fathomless dreams tiptoeing beyond gruesome landscapes

Bellowing deeper and deeper from within Your tantalizing skull.

 

Each second I breathe stops under feeble sleeps

Standardizing my soul breaking from chains veiled under the clockwork of gnomes.

 

Birds eaten by eyes of surprise glisten like marbled memories

As I watch You gargle Your tongue and shoot poison from tempered mental stories.

 

The other gods look upon me with favor, starving for my glory,

Thwarting every obstacle to stand in the undying sun.

 

I defy all meaning of preset reality; defy all who block out the sun of infinite possibility.

 

The desire to squirm free of all imaginary things, I beseeched You for independence

And fled from Your mental boundaries with Your mad laugh ensuing behind.

 

 Such a facade still threatens my immortality and within

Such grueling confines I drink from Your ultraviolet heart.

Combining all fathomless dreams tiptoeing beyond gruesome landscapes

Bellowing deeper and deeper from within Your tantalizing skull.

 

In an epic, endless feud of soul splitting and remerging...

My only wish is to be free of You.

© 2012 L0v3craft


Author's Note

L0v3craft
Even in sleep I get no rest...I've got one messed up imagination, huh?

lmao



I'm thinking of writing more dream-inspired pieces since there's a shit load of wicked dreams I get...might as well make use out of 'em, right? :P


---EDIT---

I've decided to remove the details of the nightmare I had posted below the poem and have deleted the analysis since I've come to find it rather unnecessary-- and its more fun for just the reader to use their imagination :]]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Speaker's voice is seriously multi-faceted. Complex thematically. I looked at this b/c you seem like my kind of cool a*s poet. I was right!

Whoever says you can't judge an avatar by it's avatar is dumb. But sometimes I get it wrong. The close-ups freak me out. Dig the insomnia. you can feel the paranoia embedded in the mood.

Technically, in dogmatic rhetoric, "gods" is polytheistic and should be lowercase. It is very f*****g fantastic that there is One God above the others and it's the subject your speaking to. The other gods should pale in comparison with a lowercase, maybe? That way "You" stands out and you get to make fun of religion a little more.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

L0v3craft

11 Years Ago

I seriously loved what you said and immediately changed Gods to gods since it made much more sense! .. read more



Reviews

This poem is... What's the word they use now a days -ON FLEEK! I love the mood of it. Messes with my mind a bit, but that's the best part about it. Makes me even more mental. I loves it.

Posted 8 Years Ago



I enjoyed the vivid world you created in this great write and last line was a kiler!


Posted 9 Years Ago


this is rly good though you kept on switching ebtween past and present within the same line...

Posted 10 Years Ago


L0v3craft

10 Years Ago

thank you, I'll have to look over that ^-^;
My goodness. This was amazing, I would shower you with praise for this piece but I guess that has already been done. I particularly liked the stanza " Such a facade still threatens my immortality and within-bellowing deeper and deeper from within Your tantalizing skull. Excellent stuff. You employ a voice of abstract thought that I enjoy as an example of this you said "Gleaming like a shade of truth blooming in disguise." I dont really know what it means in the broader context of your poem but the figures of speech embedded within it makes it very poetic. Excellent write!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Speaker's voice is seriously multi-faceted. Complex thematically. I looked at this b/c you seem like my kind of cool a*s poet. I was right!

Whoever says you can't judge an avatar by it's avatar is dumb. But sometimes I get it wrong. The close-ups freak me out. Dig the insomnia. you can feel the paranoia embedded in the mood.

Technically, in dogmatic rhetoric, "gods" is polytheistic and should be lowercase. It is very f*****g fantastic that there is One God above the others and it's the subject your speaking to. The other gods should pale in comparison with a lowercase, maybe? That way "You" stands out and you get to make fun of religion a little more.



Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

L0v3craft

11 Years Ago

I seriously loved what you said and immediately changed Gods to gods since it made much more sense! .. read more
Your imagination amazes me.
People think Tim Burton has a dark and twisted imagination, he's got nothing on this. T'is fantastic.
Great poem! It puts some lovely, strange images in my head.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was a very interesting work, and I think you should do a combination of these. It was fun as intriguing to soak in these thoughts of yours, a dream inspiried relation. It was amusing in a very disfigured way in my head, but then again, what isn't? Very nice!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like your dreams, although, in many ways, I'm glad I never have them, touched enough to read about them. I dream about tying my shoe laces or choosing cheese.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The dream of Brahman twisted into a Blakean satanic mill of imagination. This poem gives a tortuous sense of God dreaming human -- or human dreaming God.

"My only wish is to be free of You" cuts both ways. Awareness needs no self or God.

An entertainingly covert psychosexual bump & grind of the subconscious mind.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

L0v3craft

11 Years Ago

oh, pax, your reviews always bring delight to this playfully disturbed soul of mine! Thank you so mu.. read more
Pax Analog

11 Years Ago

My pleasure -- been too long! I suspect the expressive convolutions of playful soul disturbance may .. read more
Twisted imaginations pull forth vivid words. Your imagery was chilling. The concept is interesting, being the figment of another's imagination, in the first place. With the "real" person being as messed up as this, takes it to a whole new level of omgwtf. I enjoyed the read, thanks for sharing.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1136 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on July 16, 2012
Last Updated on October 25, 2012
Tags: Madness, Insanity, God, Gods, Imaginary, Nightmare, Creepy, Surreal, Abstract

Author

L0v3craft
L0v3craft

NPR, FL



About
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Lips Lips

A Poem by Emily Paige


Antichrist Antichrist

A Poem by Muse