If Shadows Wrote Diaries

If Shadows Wrote Diaries

A Poem by L0v3craft
"

By using numerous name titles from one of my favorite photographers, I wrote this poem out of pure creative whim in '06

"

Subtle art of murder and persuasion
Is the distance between us.
Some will seek for forgiveness
Like a little child beyond salvation,
And you'll follow me down
With the Haunted
Offering water lilies
and selling devotions.


What she's thinking
In the memory of innocence
Is rain
And the white rabbit
Who was nothing but filth in your eyes.


Don't fret, precious...
Lullabies could never love again
If your kisses can't hold.
My immortal is the scent of the obscene,
And the Offering of the white rose
Has never been so sweet.


Sad excuse for a grip,
You've nearly lost your footing.
The domain of lost souls
Can be quite manipulating.
But if shadows wrote diaries...


They could tell you things I'd never dare say.

© 2009 L0v3craft


Author's Note

L0v3craft
The photographer I mentioned in the description can be found on deviantArt.com by the username TheTragicTruth-Of-Me

Her page ~ http://thetragictruth-of-me.deviantart.com/

I think only one or two lines are completely my own (its been so long since I last looked at this...I thought I lost this piece completely when a lot of my stuff was erased when my comp was being fixed, yet I found it just now on another site I'm a member to...so I can't remember if I really did write at least one or two lines of my own), but everything else was arranged in a way to flow easily and comprehensibly as if the titles could be connected into sentence structure.

I'm not sure if its right of me to take any full credit though since I did use the names of the majority of her photos, but I give myself some creative points for having nothing better to do at that time but to create a poem out of 'em, lol

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was very creatively done, it takes a great deal of skill to accomplish a task like this, taking titles and forming poetry with them. You say you don't deserve full credit, but I beg to differ. This is art in its own form, a concoction inspired by another artist. I am in awe of this. On its own it's a magnificently dark poem, the insanity twisting perfectly so your reader can explore a psyche theirs but not theirs. Then seeing that you did as you did, it makes it that much more sweet as a piece of art. Well done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Truly awesome! You aspire me to thrive to write as creative as you!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I love it when people take titles to make a poem or story out of them! And I have to say that yours was one of the best I've seen yet, because it was coherent and told a story of its own.

Posted 11 Years Ago


There is a special feel to this that I cannot really define but know it has given this life in all shapes and forms. You have done a artistic job in penning this wonder.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I don't know what gave you the inspiration to write this (but knowing you, it could be as simple as a toaster hahaha). Anyways, this was really well done. I loved every line of it. My favorite one was: "Lullabies could never love again, if your kisses can't hold."

The most haunting and interesting line of all though was the last 2 lines: "but if shadows wrote diaries...they could tell you things I'd never dare say." You are an inspirational writer to people all over WC, and I urge you to continue writing. No matter what the situation is in your personal life, you always have support. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is great

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very interesting way to make a poem, by using the names of their photographs. You definitely deserve some credit. :)

The repeat of 'lost' is the fourth paragraph would probably sound better in the poem if you replaced one with a synonym; however that was probably done to keep the titles of the photographs.

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmmm... yes! I get it. very stirring. good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Jae
dude....EPIC~!!!

~Rem

Posted 14 Years Ago


I really like this piece. Even if the lines are all titles of photographs the way you arranged them are absolutely brilliant. They all flow so well together to create a wonderfully dark piece of poetry. Nice work!

-Howl

Posted 14 Years Ago


"But if shadows wrote diaries..." This line reminded me of that old saying, "a fly on the wall"! As in the context of, a fly being present to overhear a conversation, and watch events as they unfold. Probably, a coincidence? By the way, I am not familiar with the photographer you refer to. Also, your "Author's Note" is both interesting and informative.

"And the white rabbit". This made me think, of our childhood innocence?

Overall, this poem was very interesting to read. Certainly, very original, and a worthy reflection of the writer's fine artistic personae! Thankyou, for sharing with with us, Angel. Keep writing!

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

765 Views
15 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on June 5, 2009

Author

L0v3craft
L0v3craft

NPR, FL



About
"I embrace my desire to feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain, .. more..

Writing