Me & My Girls

Me & My Girls

A Poem by Kathryn Smith

If we want it
we take it



If we need money,
we make it





Nobody knows if we fake it


You like to watch while we shake it!







I know we're making you thirsty


You want us all in the worst way





But you don't understand
We don't need a man

 





You can look, but don't touch
 
I'm not here to hook up
 
I'm just here to turn up
 
Tonight it's just  us

No jodas, nosotras

Me and my girls



I am one of those people who doesn't have an enormous amount of friends, but rather a very close knit small circle of  friends.

Guys are great, but at the end of the day I truly owe it to my girls.

When I'm with all my girls we are a force to be reckoned with.

When we're out, we often have to deal with creepy and funny situations.

One late night after grabbing dinner at The Sky club, my crew and I walked out of the restaurant.

As we were walking out we suddenly heard a voice:

Be good girls! Teeeheehehe!

Be Goooooood!

We all turned around and saw an old man in the shadows, standing up against a wall.

He winked at us and then began cat calling us.

We kept walking, he began to follow us through the parking lot and kept telling us to be good.

We began to walk faster and huddled together giggling about how weird this was. 

I could still hear his crackly laughter in the darkness.

My friend Adela turned around.

Don't look Adela! He'll see you!! Her sister Rosalinda hissed.

Adela's face met mine, her eyes wide and freaked out.

But He's gone! She squealed.

We all stopped at the car.

Where did he go?? Where the hell is he? He's GONE. We all panicked.

We quickly piled into the car and  looked around...sure enough, it's like the man disappeared into thin air.

One by one, each of us  burst out laughing

Perhaps he was a lonely elderly man.

We sure wont forget him...and we'd like him to know that we were good girls for the rest of the night.




My girls and I love to play hard.


...but we love to laugh harder.


I went shopping once and as my friend and I walked past a display bed she stopped suddenly and nudged me.


I followed her amused gaze.and saw there was a display bed with a man sound asleep on it.


What if he 's dead! Should I poke him? I whispered.


Dear god Kathryn how are you so morbid! He's not dead!


How do you know? Maybe his wife didn't agree with the bedspread he wanted and killed him!


Okay well, lets go see if he's breathing! He's not supposed to be on there! I would be sort of embarrassed if I were him. My friend chirped on.  


We cautiously crept closer to the bed looking.


Together, we loomed over him.


He sure looked dead.


I grabbed my phone and snapped a picture..


Only you Kathryn!.. my friend mumbled under her breath.


I watched my shopping buddy get out a marker. I gave her a look. 


Well if you can take a picture, I can do this! She innocently smiled.


Just as she was inches away from marking a dot on his hand, the man lurched up.


We bolted away trying to look casual, but ended up knocking over a display of candy. After picking up the candy we decided to leave the store and go somewhere else to shop.




Those are the memories we love to make.


Mischief and mayhem.


Misbehavior and all around good fun.


My girls are my partners in crime.


My wine lovers.


My junk food eaters and my restaurant enthusiasts.


My shoulders to cry on.


My ears to listen to when I have a broken heart or a problem.


My girls are the ones I trust my life with.


They're the ones who understand how cruel mother nature can be...


and who I can have inappropriate inside jokes with.


We can go wild together and hold secrets.


We see each other at our best and at our worst.


And when a man is hitting on one of us whom we really don't like, we play the lesbian card and have a laugh fest afterwards.


I honestly don't know what I'd do without them.


I love them to death.


Friendship is the greatest thing in the world.


And when female power is multiplied you can get free food and run the world!


And when we live in a world where girls are viewed as objects, and sexual creatures, it's even more important to stand together.


To be girls.


To be ourselves.


To go against the unfairness.

(Don't mind Juan, the only guy in the photos down below. He's one of us!)














© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Sounds like a great gang!
I've slept on a pile of carpets in a store once... I wonder if somebody snapped or videoed me... maybe I'm on youtube... ;-)
Anyway, a stimulating poem!!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
dan
Kathryn, I believe that we all (those of us who do have friends) have regular friends, but always an inner circle...our mob, our gang, our circle of trust, our lovers of inane laughter at just about anything. That is WHY this piece is so well done...most who read this will be able to IDENTIFY with it. It keeps the reader more and more drawn in to its words and thoughts. A sensational piece, young lady! take care...dan

Posted 8 Years Ago


Yeah, you said it right, Kathryn. Whatever it is, in the end..it is all girls for girls. They make excellent friends.

Posted 8 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
I guess many guys think a pretty girl is one who would do anything to have fun its just wrong
But your girls always get that
they know that all you want to do is laugh and have a good time like you once did when you were 12
Like an ice-cream bowl felt like the ultimate fun you could have for one night
I must say i could have never survived much with three girls in my life
And they are not siblings
I love this piece

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Awww thanks a million! :)
I love girl power. You write of it so well...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Whohhoo!! Thanks so much! I do enjoy standing up for our kind. :)
so true as i owe it to the girls in my life..as i can depend on them more than anything

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Exactly! High five! :)
So it has been a while since I've logged into Writers cafe. I had a huge pile of read requests before me and a lot of them were your works. You write at a voracious pace miss. I've read some of your other stories and I couldn't help but notice a pattern . The openings are always powerful and vibrant , seducing the reader to crave for more. Then the story starts with its apt spacing and well placed italics. I can feel the emotion you're trying to convey through each sentence because of this.And then come the pictures in the end that roll over like credits.I feel more like I am watching a quite realistic movie rather than reading a really well put story. Oh and then there is the epilogue like video which always fits perfectly. All in all you've made me a fan of your presentation skills.Keep writing!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Oh my goodness, I am blown away by this! Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of my heart.. read more
Bharath Mutyala

8 Years Ago

Summer 2016 is boring already now! Anyway I'd love to read more of your works.So do spam , I don't .. read more
Hahaha I wish I could understand the life's of the diurnal type.

I wanted to let you know I'm still....alive?

Always remember I'm the best there is.....and? Well? If you need me...or something......you know where to find me......

Full moon makes us crazy types send comments we probably regret later. Oh well. I'm the alpha..............

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Effervescent, nawty but without malice and all round good gals.
Top crew. Thanks for sharing the high-jinks xD
Wow ! You'd miss them KS if your plans come off.

Posted 8 Years Ago


ANTO

8 Years Ago

Home sick before you leave home? Now that is a new one on me *wink*
:D
Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Ha ha....funny you! :) :D AH! I hope youre excited too! I don't think that guy I am going to see lik.. read more
Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Antoooo!! I was wrong, he still likes me after all. :) Whoop Whoop! Still cant wait to see ya.
good looking crew,full of life and fun,go for it !

Posted 8 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

8 Years Ago

Thanks! :)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

671 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2016
Last Updated on February 22, 2016


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Snow Fairy Snow Fairy

A Chapter by Matching Socks


Glory Glory

A Poem by sinNsincerity