Seeking Ezra

Seeking Ezra

A Chapter by Kathryn Smith



April 4th, 2014

Paris, France


Nestled in the heart of Paris, not far from Sacre Coeur, six year old Grace scampered through a gentle spring rain and made her way into Le Petit Musee Du Chocolat.


Every afternoon, at approximately 1:15 pm, her cold little feet skittered across the old wooden floor to where he told her to meet him.


Standing on her tip toes, behind a counter of  pastel colored macarons, her large hazel eyes scanned the warm and sweet smelling shop.  


She was desperately searching for some sort of sign.  There were always so many people, minding their children and their friends. But today, the number of people had doubled.


News quickly traveled that a replica of Notre Dame made out of nothing but chocolate was to be shown to the public.


Suddenly, her heart began to beat with quickened speed as she spotted a boy.


Like Ezra, he was tall with hair as dark as night.


She eyed the boy carefully and began to walk slowly towards him. He was studying a bag of licorice and looking cautiously around the store.


With his back turned to her, she reached out to touch him holding her breath.


Inches from his shoulder, the boy swiftly stuffed the bag of candy into his pocket and bolted away.


For the second time today, Pierre, the shop keeper began to roar. Thief! Thief!"


A stampede of people knocked her over as they ran after the black haired boy into the watery streets.


Retreating like a crab to her favorite spot by the macarons, she stood dazed and frightened, scratching her head.


Everyone seemed to look right through her. Everyone except Ezra.


The problem was in fact, that little Grace Clemence had been dead for over 92 years.


But she did not know yet.















 


  



 


 



© 2016 Kathryn Smith


Author's Note

Kathryn Smith

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I love this I love the ending I never would have thought that... amazing job you should continue this story

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kathryn Smith

7 Years Ago

Thank you for reminding me I had this!! :D I've been trying to mold a story for her. :) (Grace)
Writing Angel

7 Years Ago

Haha no problem
A amazing tale shared. I like the flow of thoughts leading to the surprise ending. Thank you dear Poet for sharing your amazing story.
Coyote

Posted 7 Years Ago


Kinda spooky... well done!!

Posted 7 Years Ago


I loved this story....
Ending made me laugh... :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


I really loved this one Kathryn :) I really love the use of the Ghost, especially in the end of the piece. Great write Kathryn :D Can't wait to see what you have next

Posted 8 Years Ago


loved the story kathryn,kids and candy seem to go together !

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very short yet enticing piece. Loved it reading it as I scrolled down.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 11, 2016
Last Updated on April 12, 2016



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..