Address to the non-believers

Address to the non-believers

A Story by ParkerTheWriter

How can you tell me you believe there are fish and other creatures out in the oceans that we have yet to discover, but you tell me you don't believe in extraterrestrial life in the cosmos? Aren't you and I enough proof that "intelligent life" can live, thrive and kill itself on a planet, suspended in a space. This isn't the classic case of "do UFOs really exist?" or "does Area 51 really have aliens?". This isn't just some deep thought by a stoner to be written off by the subject of religion or the lack of evidence in science.

I've heard some say; "Out of all of the planets we've discovered, we've still yet to found any life of these planets and star systems." Well, here's a thought. We are the only planet out of nine (I still consider Pluto a planet) in this star system (to our current knowledge) to harbor life. This should be enough proof, not that life exist, but that we have to look in even the smallest of places. We are a an extraordinarily small planet in a system of giant gas planets. We are exactly very noticeable compared to the other planets.

Now we address the other side of the non-believer title.

You may be thinking; "How can you tell me to have faith that there is intelligent life in the universe, but you don't believe in a God?" Well, I do believe in a force that is controlling everything, such as the rotation of the planets, the nature of life, the "fixed" position of the stars in order for life to exist, sustain and thrive, all while not following a religion. My interpretation of God is not a single being, creating and controlling the fate of the lives "He" creates, and gives it "free will" only for "Him" to judge it for not choosing 'Him" as their god.

I do not claim the title of atheist anymore. To me, it is hypocritical to say a god doesn't exist without knowing just as it is ignorant to think that god does exist because some man wrote a series of books long ago. I take the metaphors Religion gives me and I learn from them, not claiming them to be fact.

© 2013 ParkerTheWriter


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Couldn't agree more man, life is out there. There are so many variables to how it could exist, why it came to be, and why we haven't found it yet. It's pointless to ask those questions now, but I have alot of faith that our future descendants on earth are going to have no problems travelling the stars. Then we'll all have a laugh when someone finds an extraterrestrial.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
1 Review
Added on January 30, 2013
Last Updated on January 30, 2013
Tags: religion, atheist, aliens, god, life, space, planets, science, evidence, knowledge, beliefs

Author

ParkerTheWriter
ParkerTheWriter

Augusta, GA



About
I enjoy reading philosophy. It's become one of my favorite reading materials. I'm very politically minded, often thinking of the faults and f**k ups of the world rather than the positive things in fro.. more..

Writing
ME ME

A Story by ParkerTheWriter