Chapter 1- Introduction

Chapter 1- Introduction

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas
"

The very first chapter of the 30 Chapter Story Arc entitled: "The Skymon Saga"

"

 It is around ten in the evening. You can hear the sounds of cars driving, people arguing with one another, and a siren going off. The streetlights are on and there is a character named Soren who is out taking a stroll around the block. He has a book in his hand and a flashlight attached to it so he can see. The book appears to be called “You Can’t Spell Evil without Lie”

 

Soren: “Wow. I am surprised she ended up like that. I never thought she was behind it all. I can’t wait to see her fate.”

 

While Soren is walking and turning the pages he is stopped by three men.

 

Gang Member #1: “Looks like you picked a wrong part of the neighborhood to walk around alone.”

 

Soren stops reading his book and pulls out a bookmark from his pants pocket. He puts it in the page he was last reading and closes the book. He then looks calmly at the three men

 

Soren: “I’m sorry. Who are you guys?”

 

Gang Member #1: “We’re members of the Commandos and-”

 

One of the other members stops him from finishing his sentence.

 

Gang Member #2: “Law, there really is no reason to give answers to a dead man. Just know us as the people who are going to bury you.”

 

Afterwards the three gang members all pull out guns from their pants. Soren doesn’t seem to be phased and looks more interested than anything

 

Soren: “Three “Revolution” pistols? A 92 series if I’m not mistaken. How did you guys manage to get your hands on guns anyway?”

 

Law: “You’re quite talkative aren’t you? Shouldn’t you be more worried about dying?”

 

Soren has a blank look on his face and stares Law in his eyes

 

Soren: “Not really”

 

Law: “That’s it! Light him up boys!”

 

The three men open fire on Soren. Soren smacks the bullets away with his book and dodges a couple with ease. The three men look at him in awe.

 

Law: “What, or who the hell are you?” 

 

Soren: “I’m a strange guy. If I know the trajectory of the gun and how your finger moves when you pull the trigger it’s easy to avoid.”

 

The three men don’t seem to believe him and keep shooting. Soren deflects them all and in a split second appears a few inches in front of them. He looks impatient.

 

Soren: “You guys are becoming an annoyance now. You’ve shot off 27 bullets now. There’s no more ammunition in none of your guns, so please drop them. There’s no need to continue this senseless fighting any more.

 

Gang Member #3: “F**k you, you b*****d!”

 

The gang member makes an attempt to pistol-whip Soren but before he can do so, he is tapped on the shoulder by Soren, along with the rest of the gang. They drop to their knees for a few seconds, and then finally fall on the ground.

 

Soren: “No worries. Even though you won’t be able to move for a while, I’ll let one of your friends know where you are.”

 

Soren picks up all of their guns and throws them in the nearest dumpster. He walks away from them and continues to read his book. Ten minutes later Soren walks into a building and is greeted by somebody as soon as he walks in.

 

Person: “What book are you reading now?”

 

Soren: “This new mystery book I picked up yesterday morning”

 

Person: “How many pages is it?”

 

Soren: “657”

 

Person: “How far are you on it now?”

 

Soren: “I have 30 pages left”

 

Person: “You read too fast!”

 

Soren: “I probably would have finished during my walk but something came up”

 

Person: “Now that you mention it, it seems like your weekly walk took a lot longer than usual Soren, what happened?”

 

Soren: “I had a little run in with some people.” 

 

Person: “I hope you fucked them up.”

 

Soren: “So much profanity Jax. But I didn’t bother”

 

Jax (disgustedly): “You say that bullshit every time you fight somebody. Are you scared to have some blood on your hands? I’m pretty sure those guys weren’t looking to go out for pizza. If they’re out to kill you, why not kill them?”

 

Soren: “The only reason King is dead is because of me. Believe it or not there are a few people that don’t live to kill Jax.”

 

Jax: “Maybe if the b******s I’ve killed weren’t so weak then they’d still be alive. Not my problem if they succumbed to their injuries”

 

Soren (Walking away): “Whatever you say Jax. Whatever you say.”



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Read and let me know what you think! Would like detailed feedback please. Thanks for reading!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like the imagery. I'm drawn to know more about Soren and Jax. The dialogue was nicely worded and I didn't see any spelling or grammar mistakes. I thought that this was a good opening to your story, which I am eager to watch unfold. Please continue and keep up the good work.

_Cloud

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Shoot! this is amazing.. ive never seen such awesome work! Im jealous but I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


To dodge bullets by swatting them away with a book... my, my fun indeed. Heh, very intrigueing makes you want to know more especially with the vivid descriptions and Soren's cocky, knows he has the upper hand, personality. Not worried at all. A bang with the action, cool starter. Can't wait to read the rest!!! ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Pretty sweet, man!! I like how Soren is a smart dude. xD

Posted 11 Years Ago


hmm im interested so far.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this! As you said I love anime/manga. I could imagine everything that was going on. Soren seems really cool. Jax seems cool as well. I like that he didn't kill them. Can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Soren is bad a*s!!! keep up the good work!
___________MILES

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the beginning, and am very intrigued on how this is going to continue

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like this so far. I believe I will finish this story. It will take me a bit of time because I am writing a new novel. But I will get there. Nice job on this intro. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


what a coincedence, i was going to name one of my future characters Law too xD anyways my biggest and probably only suggestion is to actually read it outloud and to improve the flow of your story and to fix your grammar mistakes. otherwise i think you did a fine job building up your characters and their individual personalities.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I cant wait to read the rest, im hooked!


Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3970 Views
54 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2011
Last Updated on November 3, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..